'54 AR112

The place to put your L, R and S "Build Off" story.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:50 pm

Re: '54 AR112

Mike-
Your truck looks great! I think ARs have even more character than North American trucks.
I love the split windshield; And, the angle of the opposing windshield flat glass and the surface area at the top of the
dash, resulting from it, reminds me of early dodge or Fargo pickups and power wagons.
Looks like your succeeding in your effort to make it a practical, reliable, and safe driver.
Great work.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:00 pm

Re: '54 AR112

Monsonmotors wrote:Good luck on your project, Mike!
I'll be watching, for sure!
I agree with everything you're doing.

Thank you, I appreciate the comments. Hopefully there'll be a little more action this year on her than in the last!
That said, i'll have to stall for a few months as I pull the garage down that she's in and build a bigger one in the same place. I started to realise that whilst I did an engine swap in a 3m x 5.4m (10' x 18') garage, I don't have enough room to remove/store panels and work on them. The new garage at 4.2 x 7.0 with storage mezzanine (14'x23') should go some ways to fixing that issue.
(you might note that my AR112 is 5.45m long, the front bumper had to be removed to fit it in the garage)

pkfj wrote:Mike-
Your truck looks great! I think ARs have even more character than North American trucks.
I love the split windshield; And, the angle of the opposing windshield flat glass and the surface area at the top of the
dash, resulting from it, reminds me of early dodge or Fargo pickups and power wagons.
Looks like your succeeding in your effort to make it a practical, reliable, and safe driver.
Great work.

Agreed, I looked for a reasonably long time to find the right AR110. They're reasonably scarce here and I didn't want to frame swap with a 160 cab or similar...... mainly because I like the look of theI beam front!
I definitely dig the split screen and what it doe to the dash, thinking a little rat fink statue or scout hula girl would go nicely in the 'V'.
Although not unique to the AR, I also like the fresh air vent up front and the side latching hood. Not many trucks over here have those features.
But by far the best feature to me is that the Inters were built in Australia and as such it has far more appeal to me than an F series or 3100 of the same era.

Cheers,

Mike.

(thanks to Lloyd, I have my old login back. Cheers mate!)
Previous

Return to L, R and S Build-Off