One more L-110 joins the party

The place to put your L, R and S "Build Off" story.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:30 am

Re: One more L-110 joins the party

Desert Toad wrote:I got lucky with the radio, a guy was converting to 12 volt - was no use to him!

Now I just need to hunt down a speaker box...

Hmmm...I have a speaker box that mounts on the top edge of the windshield between the sunvisors. It's currently mounted, but not in use. I probably won't be using it, and I have no idea of the working condition, because I have no radio to use it with. I'm strongly considering a farm tractor type all-in-one radio. BUT...I have no idea of the value or perceived value this speaker might have. It could be $5.00 or $500.00, or somewhere between. Check the pictures in my build thread (The Mater build) and shoot me an offer. The Oxwall screwdriver carrier seen in the interior pictures, is something the PO added, for unknown reasons.
It's a small matter to dismount and pack for shipping if we reach an agreement.
Mike

I'm from the top half of the bottom third...and you?

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:14 am

Hey Mike, sent you a PM.

Thanks!

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:02 am

Down to the details...
Attachments
image.jpeg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:25 am

Looks great! Definitely an accomplishment to be proud of. You've come a long way. I remember when you first posted, I think it was on the old site.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:11 am

Wow! Truly Incredible Work, with an absolutely beautiful result!
Looks like you were finally able to find some perfect mustache bars, too-
congratulations!

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:43 am

Thanks guys, been a good few weeks for sure. It's a great feeling to finally be putting it back together.

I ordered some new shoes, and need to figure out the door seals if anyone has some pictures.

Just waiting for DMV to sort out my title issue and then she will be on the road! Did you know Hagerty won't insure a vehicle with multiple names on the title? Or in this case, a vehicle titled to a company? I had to sign the title over to myself.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:35 pm

mkebaird wrote:6V starter won't be a problem with a 8V battery. I converted my '39 Dodge to 12V, been running the 6V starter for 10 years, no issues. Starts good!

Re-reading the thread, thinking maybe there was an address there for the speaker box, and the above caught my eye. Back in the olden days, an 8-volt conversion was fairly common. Buy an 8-V battery, tweak the generator's voltage regulator and pick up a bit better extreme weather starting. Motors manuals of the '50's and early '60's even had detailed instructions on regulator tweaks and re-polarizing. I performed the mods on a '55 first series Chevy, about 1979. Pretty fun afternoon, actually.
Mike

I'm from the top half of the bottom third...and you?
Previous

Return to L, R and S Build-Off