Brad's 1954 R Series Build

The place to put your L, R and S "Build Off" story.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:03 pm

Re: Brad's 1954 R Series Build

haha, A/C is required in Canada? **** that global warming :)

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:25 pm

There was that one day last summer when the weather was warm. The snow melted and I was able to find my toque on the seat of my SKI DOO, where I left 'er a year b'fur. Cool, EH? http://toque.ca/ Today, AMAZON have the best price at $660.07 CAD and NAPA Canada are asking $1565 for the same tool. As soon as I get my toque on and my head defrosts I will call Amazon.

http://www.guy-sports.com/funny/funny_c ... _jokes.htm
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:48 pm

Nikki, I got stuff to do, and you go posting a link to a site like that... How do you expect me to get anything done?
Attachments
hang_employees.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:21 am

I just watched a video of the EASTWOOD flare tool. That Eastwood tool appears to be very well designed and priced at a fraction of the MASTERCOOL. Good deal.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:21 pm

Rigged up a bracket for the brake switch. This switch came in a kit that is also used unlock the torque converter. It actually works out real nice. I got that all installed this weekend.

Image54 IHC by isu_phi, on Flickr

I also fixed a leak at the oil pressure sending unit that showed up after running it for a bit. Also, i rebuilt my power steering lines so they no longer leak. Finally, tightened up a few clamps to keep the antifreeze from leaking. Good news, the transmission cooler lines did not leak :)

So, i really have to get my wheels and tires ordered and then the rear end and suspension. And i can start fabbing up the exhaust system.
Last edited by bsievers1616 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:33 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:I bought the MASTERCOOL hydraulic tube flare tool about 15 years ago. http://www.mastercool.com/product/71475/ It works right first time and every time. So, I am thinking that I will get MASTERCOOL 71550 , like Brad's. It should save us some money when we do the AC on my Son's L110 Shorty and later, if I get our Orrville Crewcab into the works. I am not going to use the AEROQUIP AC hose and fittings again. The only reason being, the very high cost. Sadly, only 20% of the fancy Aeroquip can be seen. I bought a set of AC charging gauges at NAPA when they were on sale for 50% off. http://www.mastercool.com/product/r22-r ... gauge-set/
Thanks for posting.

Wait until you get a hold of these new digital bluetooth refrigerant gauges. They are so nice to use and no more guessing if you are charged right anymore. Used the heck out of mine last summer for many hours at a time. Sends your recordings right to your printer.

http://www.testo-direct.com/product/testo-550-refrigeration-digital-manifold-kit
1956 S-102 Short Bed BD240

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:22 am

dang, those look slick!

Oh, and i have a better video of the motor running. enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18z92MzoJbU

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:24 pm

With some help from my brother in law this weekend, we built the exhaust pipes. Routing around the steering linkage, oil filter, trans, starter.....wasnt as bad as what i was thinking it was going to be. Since i dont really have anything to bend pipes, I just bought an assortment of mandrel bent pipe pieces and cut them appropriately to get the angles i needed. The pics arent the greatest, but you get the idea.

I'll end up wrapping some of that stuff...like around the starter to keep it from getting heat soaked
Last edited by bsievers1616 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:22 pm

SBC music at its best. Now, I am really inspired to get at finishing my nonIHC and making a video.
Thanx for the push. .
Who is that guy in the cap?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:37 pm

Guy in the cap.....is me :)
PreviousNext

Return to L, R and S Build-Off