KB2 S10 FRAME SWAP

The place to put your K or KB "Build Off" story.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:20 pm

Re: KB2 S10 FRAME SWAP

The only mechanical fuel pumps in auto applications these days are the high-pressure engine-driven pumps for diesel and GDI.
Everything else is electric.
Mechanical fuel pumps and old vehicles are a bad combination because old vehicles without a doubt will suck air in the long straw that is the fuel line connected to the inlet of the pump.
One pinhole and you can have nothing but air being pumped to the carb.
WHAT old mechanical pump do you know that's been retrofitted for ethanol-blend gasoline?
If yours has then you are in the tiny minority. "Then and Now" should be called "Now and Then".
:)
A rear-mounted, high-quality, safety-controlled, low-pressure electric fuel pump with a return fuel circuit is just the SHIZZ for our dried-out carbed, slow-cranking, half-full battery seldom-driven old trucks.
Imagine priming your carb bowl with just a switch or an automatic prime like fuel injection has.
Why, it boggles the MIND. :)
Don't you wanna DRIVE IT?
Don't you wanna make it home?
PLEASE stop taking up space here with forty pages of "K-series mechanical fuel pump blues" posts.
Please?

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:01 pm

not much progress being made , a lot of test fitting parts like radiator mounts, cab mounts, trans mounts. been very busy at work so not much garage time lately, I'll post more pics soon as I figure it out

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:46 pm

I've done a 1939 GMC on Nissan Hardbody, a 1938 IHC D-2 on a 2000 Frontier, two 1946 Dodge PUs on 1987 Mazda B2200, a 1939 IHC D-2 on 1960s Studebaker PU, another 1939 IHC on 1995 Tacoma, a K-2 with Toyota 4WD, an IHC D-30 on 1968 IHC one ton.
The hardest things for me are always cab location and mounting, correctly sectioning radiator support and building radiator support mounting bracket, getting donor clutch pedal, brake, accel pedal, booster and m/cs and steering to all live and fit in one area.
I always use the donor cab mounting system where possible. Gives the old cabs a cushiony feel!
Best of luck on your project.
I have a 1941 Dodge Coupe on a S-10 frame.
Previous

Return to K and KB Build-Off