It's just a fan belt...

The place to put your K or KB "Build Off" story.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:49 pm

It's just a fan belt...

This is actually rather embarrassing and comical at the same time. Now that I have my BD269 up and running I thought I'd put a new fan belt on it before installing it in my 1945 K7. You'd think I was looking
for a left handed titanium heart valve or something along those lines. The belt I have is a Gates 119 TG, even the people at Gates were baffled. It's just a fan belt, 1 inch wide by 49 inches long, cogged.

My question is do you guys know what this belt super seceded to in today's modern world? I must say I'm still using the original 6 volt generator, everything is original as far as I know. It must be I can't find the darn parts.

A note here; I know this engine sat dormant for a little while, when I started it, it started right up and ran like a clock. My appreciation for these motors/trucks continues to grow, I am impressed!

For anyone who can help me, thank you. Peter

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:20 pm

Re: It's just a fan belt...

I have a Napa belt on mine, when I get home I'll see if I can find a number. You don't have a 50 amp genny do you? I think the one for that is different. I have both so will check.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm

Cornbinder89, thanks in advance. As a matter of fact this Delco Remy generator (110 2679 8A22) is a 6 volt 45 amp unit. I had this verified by Cascade Auto Electric in Bend, Oregon.
I hope that helps.
Peter

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:22 am

Return to K and KB Build-Off