Frame from 99 f150

The place to put your K or KB "Build Off" story.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:35 am

Frame from 99 f150

Hello all. I recently found a great deal on a 1999 F150 frame with a wheelbase of 119.9" which is shorter then the 125" wheelbase it currently has. This also comes with a 99 5.4 litre engine from a Lincoln Navigator and a rebuilt transmission, ecu, wiring harness and all that I should need I hope.
Not sure how well this will work or it even will work.
Has anyone else done this frame swap or even considered to use an f150 frame.
What i keep going back to is the engine and trans, great deal.

Anyone one with comments or concerns or advise, please let me know what you all think of this good or bad!!!

Thank you.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:44 am

Re: Frame from 99 f150

Boomer, how flat is the frame all the way back? Perhaps, if you are going to use a pickup bed, what would the "wheel" base be for it as opposed to a long bed? I know that there was a fellow on here that put a KB1 cab and nose onto an F350 frame(I believe it was F350 and not F250) He did have to modify the inside walls of the nose and push back the firewall about 4" if I remember right. The motor was a Cummins, not sure the size but large and he put an allison trans behind it. It looked good. Where you are looking at shorter frame, I am looking for a longer frame. Going from a 127" to approximately 152" wheel base.
I think you can do it, just need to be creative in working on the build. As Nikki states, lots of good engineering in the pick a part compounds.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:32 am

Re: Frame from 99 f150

I donated that Cummins to that project. The Cummins was an isb 5.9 24 valve from a 1999 Ram 2500.
I am thinking that the frame that was used was an E350 box truck straight frame with dual wheels.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Return to K and KB Build-Off