1948 International KB11 DT466 swap

The place to put your K or KB "Build Off" story.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:21 pm

1948 International KB11 DT466 swap

Hello!

As the title states I am currently in the process of building my 1948 KB11 and swapping in a DT466 and spicer 5speed. I have the thread on competition diesel, but have used an image host to post pictures so you should be able to view that thread without being a member, and still see all the pictures.

I will check back on here from time to time, to answer any questions or ask some myself.

here is the link:
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums ... p?t=205277

Thank you

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:27 pm

Re: 1948 International KB11 DT466 swap

I didn't read all of it but I did get to the point where you said "air brakes were off, not on like today". That is a false statement. the brakes are the same then and now, all that is different is the addition of a "maxi" brake on one axle that is spring loaded on, air off. But is not used in the normal brakeing, it is just parking/emergency brake and Spring brakes can be added to the old KB11 if you wanted. Depends on what "cans" it has now. If they are bolt together or clamp type. "piggyback" spring brakes are/were made for both types, but the one for bolt type can are getting harder to find.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:12 pm

Re: 1948 International KB11 DT466 swap

Cool! I did not know that. I knew there was something different but I couldnt quite lay my finger on it. Thanks for the info!
Mine are the bolt together style, but I am going to swap the rear axle out for a 2 speed disk brake rear I have. I probably could replace all the air brake stuff I have, but licensing and cost to replace is out of the picture.

Return to K and KB Build-Off