McCormick/International Dealership

As we travel, it is nice to comment about where we are going and/or where we have been and all the IHC trucks that we have seen on our journeys.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:53 pm

McCormick/International Dealership

My son was in Louisiana and took pictures of these pictures. Thought you might be interested.
Dave
Attachments
IMG_0730.JPG
IMG_0729.JPG
IMG_0727.JPG
IMG_0728.JPG

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:51 pm

Re: McCormick/International Dealership

About 20 years ago,I was driving to Fort McMurray. I stopped to look at what appeared to be an old abandoned service station. The windows were dirty, but I could see a John Deere D two cylinder tractor in pieces. The crank shaft was on a work bench. It looked like the door was closed on the last day and no one returned for decades.
In the back lot was a 1940 Standard sedan delivery. The hood was open and a tree was growing up through the engine compartment and around the hood. A curious Badger was watching from under the Ford. We retreated before the Badger pulled his trigger and went from curious to crazy.
I made one inquiry at a nearby farm and was told nothing was for sale.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
Mark Twain

AZD

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:30 pm

I made one inquiry at a nearby farm and was told nothing was for sale.

Not For Sale.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:26 pm

I tried to buy a few IH trucks from a guy in Saskatchewan. There was 3-4 generations of vehicles that had been dragged home. The vehicles were parked cheek to cheek, over a hill and out of sight. There was two rows and owner suggested that he might have 500 in total. I drove for two days and 1451 kilometers and had an appointment with the seller. When my wife and I arrived, we were told, by the seller, that he would rather go out in the mud on his quad. :t0116: :biggrowl:
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
Mark Twain

Return to Out and About