FRASER VALLEY COUNTRY ROAD

As we travel, it is nice to comment about where we are going and/or where we have been and all the IHC trucks that we have seen on our journeys.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:21 pm

FRASER VALLEY COUNTRY ROAD

This is what I saw.
Attachments
YARD ART 1.jpg
GET OUT OF "R" BUSHES
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:01 pm

Re: FRASER VALLEY COUNTRY ROAD

Pretty cool! Good eye!
1933 IHC Bus. Cpe
1933 IHC B-3 f
1935 C-1 IHC pickup
2 x 1936 IHC C-30 Fbs
3 x 1938 IHC D-2 Pickups
1938 IHC D-30 fb
1941 IHC K-1
2 x 1947 IHC KB-1 Pickups
2x 1953 IHC R pickups

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:34 am

So that's what an RCMP speed trap looks like and that's the chase vehicle! Gotta keep those speeding tractors in line before they hurt someone.
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:34 pm

Come on man, this is the West Coast of CANADA. Our RCMP eat Sushi here or Tim Horton's. The speed traps will be close to these eateries.
The RCMP have a very creative bunch of vehicles here. I called to police because there was a BMW SUV hanging our in the 'hood. It was driving around and the driver appeared to be checking "things" out. Literally, two minutes later, the BMW was at my garage door and the uniformed officer identified himself and thanked me for being observant. It was suggested that some of the less obvious police vehicles may have been forfeited by law as the proceeds of crime and are added to the fleet.
On a sunny day, about 15 years ago, I was home from work with mid week days off. The original neighbour across the lane went out for the day and called to ask if I could keep an eye on his property. I was reading the instructions for a SONY video camera my wife bought. I was in the family room with a clear view of the neighbour's home. An old van rolled into the neighbour's carport. and three guys got out and forced the basement door open. Well, I started the camera recording and carefully set on a tripod then called The RCMP. The SONY pictures were so clear and each person was easily identifiable and the licence plates were clear. In minutes, the Police arrived and just missed the thieves at the home, but they were stopped about four blocks away and arrested. The police requested a copy of the recording, borrowed the camera and returned it in about an hour.
I was told, later, that the break and enter and theft charges were not contested and guilty pleas were entered. One of the thieves was the son of a mechanic I worked with. I never said anything to him.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Return to Out and About