2020 Gatornationals (reprise)

As we travel, it is nice to comment about where we are going and/or where we have been and all the IHC trucks that we have seen on our journeys.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:25 pm

Re: 2020 Gatornationals (reprise)

Saw your truck on NHRA racing last night! It was on FS1, but they didn't air T/A till the other day. Must be 30 seconds on the truck while the camera person walked around it.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:14 am

Electric car are interesting, I have driven 2. It is kind of like the old steam vs. diesel in locomotives. A diesel can start a train it can't pull, a steam can pull a train it can not start. All has to do with traction and the instant torque available. A steam loco can put more torque to the wheels then the wheels can transmit to the track. A diesel-electric can produce more torque at low speed than it can at higher speed, and with more wheels receiving the power, can start a heavy train moving, but stall out as the speed increases.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:15 pm

Low end torque with steam.

https://youtu.be/xU_fshxE3Gk
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:53 pm

Holy Smoke! Interesting that it took 20 people to operate. ;)
1936 International C40
1962 Triumph TR4
2002 Chevy Avalanche

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:57 pm

WEM51L110, your truck was on TV yesterday during the FOX broadcast of the 2021 Gator Nationals.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat May 22, 2021 11:13 am

Sorry folks, I don`t often go on this website with my laptop computer, so I missed that an entry was made concerning my truck. I usually look at the website using my Iphone and it doesn't show entries the same way the computer does and I miss things. Any way, I knew that the camera was on when we were doing the parade between the semi-final and final rounds but what they are showing on the screens at the track are not necessarily what is making it out over the airwaves. A few weeks afterward, my barber said he recorded the show and that when he watched it, he saw my truck in the parade. I asked him to record that segment on his iphone and he was able to forward that video to me. Thanks for commenting. 2021 was the seventh year I 've been on display and one of the things I`ve learned over the years of being at the Gatornationals is that even though they come around and video your truck or car doesn't mean it will make it onto national TV. They record video to use as "filler material" before and after commericials and other times when they need to fill in content. So actually making it to national TV is a "big deal." I am humbled.
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.
Previous

Return to Out and About