Great experience

Forum designed for the D series and older

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:02 am

Great experience

This in not a paid endorsement. I am in no way affiliated or related to this business or persons involved with this business. I'd just like to share the great experience I recently had. I need replacement glass for my C-30 cab. I could maybe salvage the back glass, but all other pieces are either de-laminating or broken. I have casually been searching for awhile (I'm well short of needing glass yet) and even checked with my local glass shop to have them made. The prices have all seemed rather alarming for just flat glass and no one seemed to have the pattern or measurements. I would need to provide them. While doing my random ebay search for parts, a listing for all new glass came up. I was a bit concerned at first, as the listing has very few reviews (9 at this posting). However, the reviews that were posted were all 100%, and shipping costs where listed as extremely reasonable ($35 at this posting). I thought I would take a chance, and since ebay has always supported any complaints. I real felt I had nothing to loose. I have received my order and the glass is absolutely fantastic. It was extremely well packaged and came in a timely manner. The door edge work is what really sets these pieces off from other glass I have ordered. I did a 57 chevy wing window delete awhile back using a local company. They do not compare in quality of work or price from my local guy. If you need glass. Give this place a look. Someone still takes pride in their product. http://myworld.ebay.com/mtvintageautoglass

Note: I have no reference for fact. But I was asked if I had solid steel or wood framed doors. There must/might be a difference worth exploring before ordering.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:03 pm

Re: Great experience

I do not know what you paid, so, this is information, only. A local glass shop cut and polished the edges of the 12 flat glass windows for our 1940 Ford. The total cost was $356.00, plus tax. I had the choice of 6 levels of tint and colour. I chose clear.
The Glass shop, said it could take a week. After another job was cancelled, my glass was cut and ready in a day or two. The glass shop gave me a roll of soft rubber tape used to seat the glass into the lift channels.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Return to 1940 and Older