C-! gas tank

Forum designed for the D series and older

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:31 pm

C-! gas tank

All: My '35 C-1 has the gas tank located under the seat. I suspect that this is not original or correct, and is the result of a modification sometime along the way. Can anyone shed some light on this situation? I think there is the remnant of the gas tank mounting location between the frame rails behind the rear axle. Is there any example of a C-1 or other C series truck with the gas tank under the seat? Thanks!

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: C-! gas tank

My C-30 has the fuel tank under the seat, and I suspect that most all did. Although I have seen a few pictures of C series with saddle tanks mounted outside the frame rails. If you look at my wordpress page I believe I have a few pictures during the restoration of my under seat tank conversion. I have also seen under seat tanks for sale on ebay if yours is bad. I did keep the fill neck and cap and also the tank baffles. I converted mine because the urine from mice had eaten through the top metal skin.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:31 pm

Re: C-! gas tank

My 36 C-1 gas tank is located at rear of vehicle between frame rails. Just had it off and inside coated earlier this fall. Re-installed and no longer have rust particles in fuel bowl.

Return to 1940 and Older