Battery box lid/tank mount

Forum designed for the D series and older

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:32 am

Battery box lid/tank mount

Looking for a decent battery box lid (C-30, installed in passenger side fender) or some good pictures and/or measurements to make one by. Also, I moved my fuel storage to outside the cab. What/how are they mounted to the frame that I can copy to look reasonably correct? Thanks.

Finally posted some updates to Olde Bob. I'm way behind on the build story but the project is progressing.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:38 am

Re: Battery box lid/tank mount

Bill,
I have a 34 C30 that is in pretty good shape, I have not started much work on it so I am not sure about the battery box but I will get by it in the next day or two and take a picture. I have attached a picture of the gas tank if it is helpful since you mention that in your post but on my PC I don't seem to have a passenger side photo.
David
Attachments
34 Sitting on Delivery Trailer smaller.jpg

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:06 am

Re: Battery box lid/tank mount

Thanks. I'd appreciate it. I just finished a big step forward on mine (and got hit with a big two step back issue). That story is for another time. I have what was left of my box, which wasn't much, to create a copy which came out really nice. Having an electric sheet metal bender lets me create softer corners than a metal brake. The first example which I had built didn't fit correctly and never will. I made a replacement for the replacement and it's night and day. I just don't have a lid to copy. The one picture I was able to find looks like it has a raise panel to it and soft rounded corners but the picture was not a clear example.

Posted a couple of build updates on the wordpress page. Got a big reveal coming and there is a teaser picture in there somewhere if you can find it.

Return to 1940 and Older