Gas tank 1931 IH AL-3

Forum designed for the D series and older

wjb

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:42 am

Gas tank 1931 IH AL-3

Need gas tank for 1931 IH AL-3. Original is beyond repair.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:01 pm

Re: Gas tank 1931 IH AL-3

If you are incapable of making a replacement tank, there are options. While I do not know what the original tank looks like, I have an idea it may be a simple square 6 side metal box. Any sheetmetal shop worth its salt should be able to fold up a suitable tank. Another option is to call these people http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm
Several years ago I talked to the owner of TANKS and he suggested that just about any tank shape is possible. He said that he and his company will need something to for the design. I am thinking that good pictures and lots of proper measurements would work very well. Shipping an old used tank is very likely not possible because of the explosive residue that can come out of the tank joints etcetera. I doube that you will be able to find a shipper that will take your tank, unless the tank can be carried on an open trailer.

Pictures of your project and pictures of the components you want are a good thing. Pictures give your situation more importance and may attract help.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Return to 1940 and Older