D2 Radiator

Forum designed for the D series and older

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:33 am

D2 Radiator

Does anyone have any source for a replacement radiator for a D2? Some low life broke into my storage and ripped mine off!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:12 pm

Re: D2 Radiator

In a pinch a 1970s American car crossflow radiator turned on its side will work. You'll have to fabricate brackets but that's easy. You'll need a tape measure to get the right one. My D-2 had an AMC ambassador radiator in it when I got it, along with the entire AMC six cylinder drivetrain. It all fit.
Otherwise, the D-2 guys who are hot rodding will practically give you one. Just gotta start looking.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:14 pm

Run to the nearest metal scrapper and see if it turns up, you may get lucky

Whoever stole it did for scrap not because they needed it,

Haven't seen D radiators repopped yet, they May be out there

Good luck
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:49 pm

What's hilarious BRJ, is that when I take non-ferrous junk in to the recycler there's a three day waiting period to get paid. They just give you a IOU. That's directly because of tweakers and other metal thieves stealing copper and brass and aluminum.
No tweaker I've ever met will wait three days for ANYTHING. How the hell do they get paid so fast? The only answer is that the recycler is in cohoots with the tweaker/metal thief. And THAT is BS!
D-2 rads have iron fittings. In order to get top dollar those fittings have to be removed. I'm sorry but his case in hopeless in this respect. That radiator has been seriously damaged by now.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:12 pm

Here you can scrap and get paid a reduced price immediately, or wait and get a check in the mail for full amount in a week,

Guess which one tweekers pick?
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:39 pm

Just ran across this on another board. Was posted in January. I don't know the poster, or what he has left, but might be worth a try.

i have a 1940 D2 pickup that i am parting out. i have the frame with all running gear. flathead 6cyl, transmission, rear end and front axle. also have same era flatbed that has been redecked with new wood. everything off of this pickup with the exception of the body is for sale. the engine is free and turns over, i have not tried to start it or get it running. the starter and generator are rebuilt and have not been installed. they are wrapped up and ready to use. i live in southern colorado, and can be contacted by phone. pictures available upon request, call for questions and information. Brian....719 eight five 9 three 7 2 zero.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:33 pm

Dilbert: Check private messages.

Tom

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:00 am

They cleaned me out of everything brass, aluminum or stainless. Plus my old KZ650 motorcycle, engine stand and engine picker! They put another lock on the storage afterwards so the break in wasn't immediately noticeable! Grrrr!!

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:11 pm

I may have an extra D2 rad. I'll take a look and see if it is usable.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:54 am

Got a couple of nibbles but no radiator yet. Who's got one that's willing to part with it? I got cash!(not a lot..)
Dilbert
Next

Return to 1940 and Older