1924 Model 33

Forum designed for the D series and older

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:17 pm

1924 Model 33

Hi guys, I am new to this site as I just located you last night on Face Book. I have a 1924 Model 33 I am in the process of restoring. Most of it is straight forward but I am having a difficult time locating rear wheels. It originally had wood spokes all around but the fronts were very rotted. I have a model 43 with cast wheels and the fronts went right on just fine. The rears however are just enough different that they would need modified to work. The rears are restorable and I could leave the truck the way it is but I would sure like the same wheels all around, preferably the cast. I could put a Model 43 rear end under it but... I just as soon not. Just a heads up. I do have some extra parts ( they are mostly rusty but do have some) if another restorer is in need. Any info on the 33/43 series truck is appreciated. I live in Grinnell IA.
Here is a short YouTube vid of unloading the old heifer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvB13pCUTUo
Endeavor to persevere

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:45 pm

Re: 1924 Model 33

Great looking truck. I love to see them just as they were in the 50's. I am sending you a PM with the name and phone number of a man in Wisc that had collected a lot of cast wheels. Jim

Return to 1940 and Older