Looking for 1937 D-2 Parts Suppliers

Forum designed for the D series and older

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:08 pm

Looking for 1937 D-2 Parts Suppliers

I used to get my parts from Pappy Vance. But I know he's in a better place now. Does anyone know of a reputable parts supplier for Old IHC's like mine? 1937 D-2 HD-213 3 speed.

Engine Parts
Electrical Parts
Transmission Parts
Drive Train parts

Thanks again

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:45 pm

Re: Looking for 1937 D-2 Parts Suppliers

Good Luck. I have found you better have a part number in hand when you visit the local neon lit part stores. They are ready to look into their magic computer to find your vehicle. If they can not find get ready to see the deer in headlights look. They no longer have those good ole part books to rely on. Websites like this is your best bet for getting parts info.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:08 pm

Re: Looking for 1937 D-2 Parts Suppliers

It would be a good idea to get a parts manual for your truck(s).
http://www.binderbooks.com/Pre-1940%20T ... anuals.htm

It's surprising what you can find using IH part numbers with GOOGLE. Irish Mikes library site only goes back to the K/KB's which limits what I can look up. I make it a point to start with IH pn's and go from there. I find online catalogs wanting in many ways so I use more than one for what I'm looking for and check everything against eachother. Never rely on just one with old binders!
I have 100's of sites and catalogs bookmarked plus 50 or more PDF versions downloaded.

Here's one hint when doing a Google search with IH pn's,do not use spaces as they are printed in the manual,the results will be much,much better.
Here's are example using a throw out bearing assy.
62 634 HBX is how it appears in the book,use it like this though 62634HBX. I also use the IH name for the part,with the above it would be "Sleeve". There's a few other tricks to use when a pn doesn't get search results.
Take the above pn, originally the suffix was HX or HAX and over the years was changed for whatever reason,like a supplier change and with that the middle letter changed. This one went from A all the way to E but,the base numbers stayed the same.
The same thing happened with many pn's...
H suffix add A = HA etc. The highest I ever found went to HH (a clutch disc).
R1 or C1 try up to 6 ie; R6,(never saw an "R/C number" go higher).
R91 or C91,same thing.
Y,add a letter starting with A. I can't recall a Y # going past C though. Same for V #'s.
The above does not apply to pn's ending with "D" which are always bearings.
Basically if the first digits stay the same the part is the "same".

FYI,
You may also run into bearings that have an "ST" prefix,those are IH #'s and were made by IH at the West Pullman Works where they also mfrd. hardware and other parts like hydraulic cylinders for the AG line.
12 yrs.exp. in IH dealer parts dept.
Never argue with a fool...
If you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing.
If you don't learn something new everyday...you weren't paying attention.
THINK! Be sure brain is connected before mouth is in gear.

Return to 1940 and Older