LST's for D-2?

Forum designed for the D series and older

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed May 20, 2015 2:37 pm

LST's for D-2?

Is it possible to find the Line Set Tickets for older trucks like the D-2? I would like to find out what the original color was for the one I just bought, and perhaps put it back to that color.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed May 20, 2015 10:00 pm

Re: LST's for D-2?

dehrlich,
An LST for a truck that old is doubtful. Do you know that year your truck is? There are color charts as old as 1935 here: http://colorcharts.oldinternationaltrucks.ca/

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Fri May 22, 2015 1:56 pm

I had inquired about any LST type documentation on my '48 KB-2, and the archive said that LSTs didn't start until later.

At least for my KB the way I found out the original color of my truck was to look up under the dash - it would be painted the body color and probably still is, unless an earlier re-paint job was very thorough. It shouldn't be too hard to then match it up to the color chart. I'm guessing the earlier series would be the same.

BTW, mine was originally "Maroon". Not the "primer" and "rust" that came later :) I'll get it back there someday.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri May 22, 2015 8:02 pm

International didn't have many choices back in the pre 50s trucks, so a line ticket for one truck could be used for 10,000 of em, nothing unique.

you got what they offered back then, later they did the smorgasbord type ordering of your truck.
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sat May 23, 2015 1:18 am

I've seen multiple color charts for the 37-40 IHC trucks on eBay. I have one that I used to match the particular green my 39 was. Ihc had more than 4 different greens although #4 dark green is the most common and seems to have carried over to the 40's. There were a surprising number of colors available . If you can match the paint on your truck to a color chart there are a couple places online that list many of the ihc colors in several different paint types.

Return to 1940 and Older