34-36 C-1 windshield adjustment arm T bolts

Forum designed for the D series and older

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:54 am

34-36 C-1 windshield adjustment arm T bolts

Hi,
I have a 1936 C-1 and one of the things I was missing when I got the truck several years ago was the windshield adjustment arm T bolt on the passenger side. It was broken off and gone. This seems to be a fairly hard to find little part. Would anyone know where to go to find one?

Also, should the adjustment arms themselves be chromed, as well as the T bolt? and should the windshield frame be painted or chromed?

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:48 pm

Re: 34-36 C-1 windshield adjustment arm T bolts

You ran into the same issue I had. The wing screws sieze, and then the wings get busted off trying to get them loose. I looked for many years without luck, finally I found a good one to measure on a parts truck, made molds, and cast my own from zinc alloy with a threaded steel insert. If you are interested in that approach I can provide you with the dimensions and pictures of the original I managed to find, info, etc. When I cast mine I oversized them in order to reinforce the wings as they were definitely a weak spot.

The original wing screws are just some type of "pot metal", no chrome. I bought an ingot of zinc alloy from McMaster-Carr (#9069K2) which polishes to a nice, chrome-like finish, though it will eventually dull. My tracks were not chromed, and neither was my windshield frame, though I believe that was an option on these trucks. I painted everything.

Hope that helps you out... wish there was an easy source!

Return to 1940 and Older