Speedtruckbill---are you there??

Forum designed for the D series and older

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:25 pm

Speedtruckbill---are you there??

Speedtruck---were you involved in the 2011=2012 effort to fab a replacement for the Lycoming CT disintegrating potmetal oil pump?? (my internal memory doesn't work like it used to)...
If so, David Parfitt in the UK is rebuilding one, and his oil pump is cracked but he hasn't touched it (believe his smokstak thread is "Valves for a Lycoming CT)...
Jim Tremble in Vancouver, WA, (smokstak) apparently modified something that worked about the same time; he's trying to find if the info was retained...
If you weren't involved, but remember anything about this, any assistance/comments will be greatly appreciated...

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:16 pm

Re: Speedtruckbill---are you there??

I GOOGLED SPEEDTRUCKBILL and he is a member of several forums. A few of these are, Smokestack, a Dodge forum and he has open pictures on PHOTOBUCKET. I was able to find his real name in less than a minute. Try it sometime. Google yourself, you might be surprised at how much you have hanging out. Or not
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:20 pm

Trevor was the other guy, besides Al and Bill, involved with this replacement oil pump. I know he said that Al's son had the blue prints for the adapter. Bud, tell David to look for "slospeed" in the forums that is Trevor. I will send him an e-mail as well and let him know. Also Trevor is on the Face Book Group, "International Harvester Trucks Pre 1930". MM

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:11 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:I GOOGLED SPEEDTRUCKBILL and he is a member of several forums. A few of these are, Smokestack, a Dodge forum and he has open pictures on PHOTOBUCKET. I was able to find his real name in less than a minute. Try it sometime. Google yourself, you might be surprised at how much you have hanging out. Or not

I really have no interest in the google yourself thing. I already know everything there is know about me, and doubt I would find anything more.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:07 am

All necessary parties to this CT oil pump situation are now in contact; many thxx to all...
And, yes, Googling is often the simple answer; (sigh) I just never seem to think of it until I've tried everything else...

Return to 1940 and Older