ACME Beer Truck

Forum designed for the D series and older

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:18 pm

Re: ACME Beer Truck

Feelings? Who has those?
You talk to me like I'm five years old--I'm 57.
"The best I can" is from a 40 year veteran ASE Master Tech. I own my own shop. You might learn how to present things better...
I temporarily tacked these things into place so they don't shift around while I'm fitting and refitting the front end.
Motors need to be anchored?
Really, Trevor?
Let me help YOU with something sometime. I'll remember your tone.
I'm as close as I've ever been to leaving this site. Help me make my decision easier! (A*****E!) Edited by Lloyd
1933 IHC Bus. Cpe
1933 IHC B-3 f
1935 C-1 IHC pickup
2 x 1936 IHC C-30 Fbs
3 x 1938 IHC D-2 Pickups
1938 IHC D-30 fb
1941 IHC K-1
2 x 1947 IHC KB-1 Pickups
2x 1953 IHC R pickups

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:25 pm

Smog

All I was commenting on was what I can see in the pictures and what you wrote ("quote" Got brave enough last night to hazard a guess on engine location and welded a short bead) I'm sorry if I miss understood the word BEAD.

The only reason I said anything is for safety reasons

Trevor
http://www.vihtr.com
Veteran International Harvester Truck Registry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/316122235181405/
International Harvester Trucks Pre 1940

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:08 pm

For my own and very different reasons I have been seriously contemplating what you, SG, mentioned. I think my time may have come, also, so don't leave without me.
If I feel a need to share what I am doing in the shop, I think it can be better targeted with an email rather than random shot-gunning it through this forum.
I appreciate those who really know what they are talking about, and you know who you are. On the other hand, I do not understand how so much BS can be so widely believed to be correct. Belief is an intellectual surrender.
The forum was fun and then not so much. I have been happy to give things away rather than be disappointed by others who probably never intended to pay anything. To those who have developed the feeling of entitlement to free stuff, don't call me again.
It is time to go to the shop, I have things that interest me waiting for my attention.
So, if it makes anyone feel good, post your reply to this for your own reasons, I will not have a reason to check back.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:40 pm

Quote: 'About an hour or so. Oh, the humanity!
Used an eight pound sledge hammer against a 2x4 on the bottom section.'

Great job straightening that grill! I don't think I could have ever made it look that good.

Dean
Last edited by dean466 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:38 pm

Never forget that we are two (or more) countrys seprated by a common language. Somethings can get mis understood. Not all words have the same meaning across the globe, and it might have been more clear to say you tack'ed the mounts in place until final welding can be done., I can see how it got mis-understood.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:38 pm

I, for one, hope we haven't lost Smog-guy and Nikkinutshop. They are knowledgeable, creative, and valuable human beings, bringing tons of experience and insight from their lives. I would like to think this mis-understanding is just a response to hot summers and busy schedules. As CB said, we sometimes forget to consider where we all are and that this forum encompasses the entire world with varied personalities and words for common things. Words and phrases have different meanings in other places.

I am anxious to see how the Acme Beer truck turns out and I want to see Nikki's '40 and L model diesel. Please reconsider guys.
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:45 am

This truck became my daily driver! People would follow me into convenience stores and shake my hand. The local sheriffs point and wave. All hilarious!
Thank you for your nice words on my hot exit, BTW!
It drives like a new truck. I may have taken patina to the max, though...LOTS of bullet holes..
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:17 pm

Smog_guy wrote:It's the 4 cylinder/ stick/ 2 WD version. Don't remember displacement.
This will be my fourth Japanese-old truck conversion.
I don't remember any of them being rough riding.??
Some wb alterations will be necessary..the '95 Tacoma is long. 122" wb.
That's long in my world.
More pictures tonight.

The d2 long bed is 125" and the d15 and d30 are longer. 122" is not to far off.
What kind of bed are you putting on it?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:34 am

39_D2 it has a bed on it now, a flat bed. Do you mean what pickup bed? The ACME truck was originally NOT a pickup so...it probably will stay a flat bed for now. The basis for this fb was an original USMC flatbed that came with another D2. Pretty darn rare...
I own a LWB D series bed and a early K series bed. AND correct rear fenders. You never know.
A fellow mechanic in town offered to trade his extremely nice late 90s gorgeous blue Corvette roadster for it yesterday. True story. I turned him down. The Tacoma conversion makes for just a easy-driving, peppy truck. Thanks for the interest. :)

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:22 am

I was just curious . Seems like 122" isn't to far off especially with a flat bed.
My 39 had a homemade flat bed when I got it. I have the 125" WB. The bed had had 2 bars that ran parallel down the sides and bent around the corners. Had another piece that filled the gap along the back. The original owner also added their own bar across the rear of the frame with a whole for towing. It is made from 3/4" steel and the cuts on the end are rough, probably done by hand with a torch. It adds a bit of weight and I get very good traction . :-)
PreviousNext

Return to 1940 and Older