ACME Beer Truck

Forum designed for the D series and older

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun May 15, 2016 9:56 pm

Re: ACME Beer Truck

Finally getting around to installing left IHC D-2 shorty (ugly, Ford and Chevy guys tell me) runningboard.
1995 Tacoma frames HAVE NO RBS! Surprise!
I'll have to wing it.:)
First thing are the brackets. I had "throwaway" L series RB brackets. I don't own a L although I know R and S are very similar. I own some of those.
The L series brackets have a hump not needed on D-2 /Tacoma. I used a cut off saw to remove the hump and weld the sections back together. The RB is then bolted to the RB bracket and the brackets and RB is placed in the correct position behind the fender. The two fender to RB spacers are LEAD. Once it is mocked up correctly the modified L series RB brackets get bolted and welded to the 1995 Toyota Tacoma frame.
What sticks out past the RB is tastefully trimmed off. :)
Attachments
image.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:02 pm

My BEST work truck, ever!
Great gas mileage, plenty of room to haul stuff...
This time with a load of Model T and other goodies including a "fabulous" Salt Lake City K Series door.
Attachments
image.jpg
Has on it "Salt
"Salt Lake City Street Dept"
image.jpg
image.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:18 am

Monsonmotors wrote:We forget that (at least in Southern CA) Jags were called Tiajuana Ferraris. If you watched a drama in the 1960s or 1970s with a car crash, the "high dollar" car going over the cliff was usually a XKE. I cried.
:)

How about the end of Harold and Maude, where it was an XKE hearse!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:42 pm

Drive report...
One year plus on the little flatbed...
Well, it's too low...but works just fine if you pay attention. The local area prefers "low" so don't judge too harshly.
Keep in mind I lowered NOTHING. That's just the way it turned out. OLD cab on NEW frame. In this case 1995 Tacoma. Torsion bars up front. I could raise it up a bit!
I've loaded it up with heavy stuff, I made it home just fine!
It makes the perfect "old truck junk" hauler. It's often older than the old stuff I'm hauling.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:36 am

Business is a battlefield...
Our neighbor got snotty and fenced off our southern access. It had been open access "easement" here for decades. The properties themselves are old railroad buildings and right of ways. Unfortunately the building and the ROW have seperate owners, now.
I'm forced to advertise outside this new fence. Very strange for us.
Attachments
image.jpg
I'D stop and look...:)
Previous

Return to 1940 and Older