6 speed special question

Forum designed for the D series and older

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Tue May 26, 2020 12:54 pm

6 speed special question

Anyone out there with 6 speed specials clue me in where the oil pressure line connects to the block? I've looked mine over and there is only one port and by the book, it shows to be a grease fitting for the rear main? Any help is appreciated.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:47 am

Re: 6 speed special question

JDD, sorry no one has replied to your posting. Sometimes it just takes one reply to open the flood gates. So here goes. I am not familiar with your Waukesha Engine and didn't find anything in my motors manual to help answer your question. What I did find was a listing of clubs. I'm sure someone in one of these clubs are making use of the same motor and have the correct answer. You just have to find the right olde timer. Barring that, there is no reason you couldn't drill and tap in to the pressurized side of an oil galley and run a gauge. I take that back. There could be one reason. If there was no pressurized system in the four banger Waukesha engine and was simply a sling system like a briggs L-head. Again I'm not familiar (yet) with this exact motor. Good luck. Let the flood gates swing wide. :m03104:

Listing of clubs:

https://tractors.fandom.com/wiki/Clubs_Listing

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:27 pm

Looking back at my pre-teardown photos, it looks like the oil pressure line connects to the fitting that is just above the oil dipstick. I attached some pics for reference. hopefully this answers your question...
Attachments
oil_pressure_line.JPG
oil_pressure_line_1.JPG

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:15 pm

Thanks for the info. I have spoken to another that stated the same thing, but my original literature said that was to grease the rear main bearing. I have since connected my gauge to it and will be firing it off soon! Nice photo of the engine too!

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:18 pm

Great minds think alike. :jester:
Attachments
20180114_084415_resized.jpg

Return to 1940 and Older