Trouble Identifying my Truck!

Forum designed for the D series and older

Rookie
Rookie

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:12 am

Trouble Identifying my Truck!

Ok Guys, I'm stumped. I've searched high and low in the records from this link

http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm ... ate/ad/asc

that was so generously provided to me by Member Ibesq.

Here's the deal. My trucks engine numbers tell me it's a 1935-C35. My truck however has ventilated disc wheels which only seem to be shown on the 1934 C-15. My truck most closely resembles the picture of the 1935 C-30 with the overall length being about 199inches.

I would share pics but I don't know how at this point. I have not found numbers on the frame.

My truck seems like it's a C-30 but the c-30 shows spoked wheels. Can any of you Harvester Geniuses lend some insight as to what truck I have???

Thanks much, I'm dumbfounded.
Zack

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:30 am

Re: Trouble Identifying my Truck!

If you haven't already sent them pictures really help.
OHV 6 engine or flathead 6?
The number is on the frame in the front spring area. It's there.
No ID plate?
20" wheels, 18" wheels?
Sounds interesting!
1933 IHC Bus. Cpe
1933 IHC B-3 f
1935 C-1 IHC pickup
2 x 1936 IHC C-30 Fbs
3 x 1938 IHC D-2 Pickups
1938 IHC D-30 fb
1941 IHC K-1
2 x 1947 IHC KB-1 Pickups
2x 1953 IHC R pickups

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:49 am

Zack, if your photos reside on your computer, you can up load them using the "upload attachment" button at the bottom of your posting screen. They do need to be a certain size, it will tell you if they are too big. If so, you can resize them using a program like "paint" If they are on a photo sharing site like Photobucket then you just need to copy the pictures URL and paste it into the post. Those are basic instructions.

If you still can not get it, then you can always send some pictures to another member to post for you. Just PM to get email address, if you want me to.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:08 pm

The engine could have been swapped for something out of a later model truck at some point in the last 80 years. As well as many other parts.

Look for the tag, and the frame stamp. The truck could have been built in late 34, or early 35. More than likely, the first production run of the new model year used up existing inventory from previous models.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 pm

You can't go by what the wheels look like. Spoke vs disk are just a preferance, what the customer ordered is what was fitted. Pictures would help.
The number listed at the WHS are Chassie numbers not engine numbers. the Engine serial number can not be used in the WHS chart to determine year.

Return to 1940 and Older