Need Tire Size, thanks!

Forum designed for the D series and older

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:06 am

Need Tire Size, thanks!

Hi Guys, I have a 1935 International Harvester and I am desperately looking for new tires but can't seem to find them.
The numbers I pulled off of the old tires for the front were 6.5 wide by 19.5 Diameter. For the rear was 6 wide by 19.5 diameter.
I first thought this was the tire size but American Force is telling me that these numbers are my rim size. So is it true that they used to show the rim size on the tire and not the actual tire size?

I tried Coker for these tires and they don't make a 19.5inch tire.

Can anyone tell me what size tire I need and where to buy it?

Thanks a lot for your wisdom, guys.
Zack

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:55 am

Re: Need Tire Size, thanks!

Hello Zack, Probably need a little more information. Like model of truck. If it were a C20 the tires would be 600-20 You can look here and see what you find: http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm ... ate/ad/asc

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:13 pm

you can measure your rim to know what you have. here is link to a bunch of videos on measuring different things on wheels.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how ... &FORM=VDRE

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:28 am

You guys are great. You've helped me out a lot. I love searching through these old spec sheets. Like hunting for treasure.
I believe my rims are not the stock rims and probably off of another Harvester. Will be taking the rims to a tire shop and having them properly measured. Will keep you posted.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:27 pm

Well, thanks guys! After looking through many spec sheets on the Wisconsin Historical Society website I realized that there are no 19 1/2 inch rims. I looked through a bunch of pics I have of my truck and was able to miraculously read the tire size off of one of the tires which made me realize that my dad and I had misremembered the tire size. Our true tire size is actually 6.50-20. I just picked up my tires from Coker Tires at their new facility in City of Industry, Los Angeles, CA along with tire flaps. Now just waiting on the tubes (backorder) and I will be ready to rock!
Thanks again guys!
Zack

Return to 1940 and Older