C1 Engine Mount Question and Tranny Part Needed

Forum designed for the D series and older

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:51 pm

C1 Engine Mount Question and Tranny Part Needed

Hello:

I'm a few weeks away from installing the flathead six back into my '35 C1. The rubber spacers on two of the mounts has detached from the steel backing. The spacers are still slightly pliable, but one is torn at the top. Any suggestions on making replacement rubber spacers?

As for the 3-speed transmission, the top cover was damaged during removal from the truck ten years ago, and I need to find a replacement. Any out there? A complete transmission would be ok too, as long as shipping cost to southern California is not prohibitive.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:39 pm

Re: C1 Engine Mount Question and Tranny Part Needed

I have not used this service but Restoration Specialties in Windmer, PA lists a service to Re-vulcanization Service 1934-1936 'C' Series, 1950-1956 L,R,S FRONT Motor

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:17 pm

Thanks sentkraub, I will check Restoration Specialties out.
Brian

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:52 pm

Brian:
Do you have a part number for the tranny cover? I was wondering if a cover from a 37-39 HDS transmission from a D2 might work. I have a spare cover.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:33 pm

D2crazy:

The cover on my transmission has part number 51624 H on it. The tranny housing has number 51616-H cast in. Do we have a match?

Thanks,
Brian

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:12 pm

Brian: Sorry for the long delay. Yes, I found the part 51624H and exposed the number under a quarter inch of xx years of accumulated grease. Let me know if you are still interested. Also, if you need associated parts. I'll get photos. I'll DM you. I'm near Tacoma WA.

Tom

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:44 pm

Hi All:
I sent the pieces of my 4 engine mounts to Restoration Specialties in Windber, PA, as suggested in Sentkraub's post last year. I got them back after a 2-week turnaround and am thoroughly satisfied with them. They sandblasted and re-vulcanized the mounts and the cost was reasonable. The mounts are ready to go into the truck after some paint is applied. They have other products and services that may be useful for your current project. Here's the link to their website: https://www.restorationspecialties.com/

Kudos also to D2crazy who provided a replacement tranny cover at a reasonable price.

Brian

Return to 1940 and Older