Lets see your D trucks

Forum designed for the D series and older

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: Lets see your D trucks

Not as nice as yours, but the nicest I've ever been in direct contact with is my 1940 D-2
One owner for about 60 years.
Needs wiring now.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
1933 IHC Bus. Cpe
1933 IHC B-3 f
1935 C-1 IHC pickup
2 x 1936 IHC C-30 Fbs
3 x 1938 IHC D-2 Pickups
1938 IHC D-30 fb
1941 IHC K-1
2 x 1947 IHC KB-1 Pickups
2x 1953 IHC R pickups

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:17 am

Bartman, Deerejohn and Smog Those are great photos of your D's! I would be proud to just stand by any of those trucks. Great Job!!!!!

Brent

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:31 pm

Hey guys, I'm new the world of IHC trucks and thought I'd post of picture of the beauty that I might be reeling in. I've been scavenging the oldIHC.org site for the last 2 weeks searching for information to help me identify what this truck is, the value of it, and any other information I could get my hands on. I'm getting more serious about purchasing this truck and was hoping for some help and advice. So here's the story:

I drove by this truck about 2 weekends ago. My dad and I have always wanted an old truck, and this one caught my eye. I stopped and called the number on the windshield but the seller wasn't available. His wife was able to tell me that it's registered as a 1941 International and that it has a 6 cylinder engine. By the way she was talking, though she did actually say, it sounds like it could be the original engine. The truck runs and has relatively new tires, too. I stopped to look, and opened the drive door real quick, but plan to go back this coming weekend.

So here's where I hope you guys can help. How can I confirm that it's a 1941? Is there a way to figure out if it's the original motor, and what type of motor it is? Assuming that the motor is original, how much do you think the truck is worth? Looking on oldIHC.org I think that this is a D30, what do you guys think?

What other questions should I ask the seller when I meet him? Are parts relatively easy to get to keep it running? Any help you guys would be willing to share would be much appreciated.
Attachments
IHC Interior.jpg
IHC.jpg
Last edited by jrod3475 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:25 pm

The sealed beam headlights, and the running light position on the headlamp assembly tells me it a 1940...
PMH

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:13 am

Look under the hood, the Data plate may be on the firewall passenger side. It should give you a chassis number, That should match the one you might find on the front frame rail drivers side(from steering box on forward) the Data plate should give you the engine serial number, that you should find on a flat boss on the drivers side of the motor between number 1 and 2 spark plugs. If original, the model of motor and the serial number "should" be there, who knows what has happened over the 70+ years the truck has been around. The Data plate could also be on the drivers side kick panel.
Hope I have given you good info and help

Rookie
Rookie

Post Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:15 pm

Thanks for your input guys. That'll be very helpful when I go check the truck out tomorrow morning.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:31 am

Looks like a pretty nice truck jrod ! From what Iv'e seen on the internet the price seems fair. Of coarse don't be afraid to ask him if he would take less. Afterall, cold hard cash can can make even the tougher sellers give in! As far as the replacement parts go I don't think you'll have to many promblems. For what can't be bought off the shelf the rest can be made or found on the computer with patience. Good luck and send us more pictures. :mrgreen:

Brent

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:21 pm

Wow, so many cool looking internationals in one spot. Here in Washington I RARELY see them. As a matter of fact, in the last 10 years I have only seen 2 ).

Here's mine. It's a 1937 D-2 with a 213 cubic inch engine. It's all period correct except for the rear fenders. The engine is out of the truck at this time. It is being completely rebuilt and it's almost done - every part replaced with new, restored or NOS parts. I just need the following parts: 1937 Crank Pulley, Oil Slinger and Nut

I have not had any luck finding these items. The folks who have responded unfortunately had the wrong year or type of pulley. The pulley I need has to be from 1937 only and for the D-2 model. If anyone has this item, it would be great if they could see if there is a part number on the pulley, that way I could compare with the IHC parts booklet I have for that year to confirm it's the correct pulley. Other size or year of IHC truck pulleys unfortunately are not the same and won't work or fit. The crank nut is a standard thread type.

Enjoy.

George
Attachments
IHC 400 pixls.JPG
My 1937 D-2 Side View
IHC 500 Pixls.JPG
My 1937 D-2 Front End

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:01 pm

nice truck. D is a cool model. good luck with the part hunt.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:42 pm

Just bought it fall 2013. Nebraska, Iowa owners 1940. D2 SB 1/2T Express. An excellent survivor. 49,910 miles on broken odometer. It has 1 paint job over original. Did not suffer and it has no rust through ... need artillery wheels, cluster gear (51612 H) from case # 51616 HA), hood prop rods, tail lite (HiLite Company), horn button & ring, tools except crank rod ... and drivers door catch rod and pads ... call 952 567 4708 or email xk140@frontier.com Thanks Terry
PreviousNext

Return to 1940 and Older