ACME Beer Truck

Forum designed for the D series and older

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:51 am

Re: ACME Beer Truck

So pictures are right side up on computers like mine that don't read the 'tag' information. Does that mean they'll be upside down on an Apple device that knows how you were holding the camera?

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:00 am

Hey Smog_guy. Way-to-go! Looks like we found the answer we were looking for. Your photos are right-side-up on both my work PC and my iphone just like Trevor. Here's a thought. Maybe the Apple store could explain the reason for the ipad taking photos that way. I don't have a clue how close you are to an Apple store, but I would think they could offer up some explanations. Larger communities usually have Apple stores, especially Calif.
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:27 am

Dumb ass ipad!
I may modify the case I have it in. My old mechanic's fingers have little feeling and I'm going to drop this expensive thing.
It's become my portal to the world! It goes everywhere with me. I talk to HS friends, post messages here, do online research about everything I like, AND diagnose really hard to fix cars.
Ipad is here to stay.
1933 IHC Bus. Cpe
1933 IHC B-3 f
1935 C-1 IHC pickup
2 x 1936 IHC C-30 Fbs
3 x 1938 IHC D-2 Pickups
1938 IHC D-30 fb
1941 IHC K-1
2 x 1947 IHC KB-1 Pickups
2x 1953 IHC R pickups

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:46 am

My Kid is trying to get me to try out an IPhone 4, I am resistant! I can throw my GZone Bolder across the room and drop if from 10' up and still use it, I am rough on phones, Do not think one of the fancy ones would last more than a month with me. That is what I have a computer for! Glad you have figured out the picture issue, for the time being.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:18 pm

Lloyd, the iphone 4 is "old" technology. Closer to Christmas the iphone 6 will be out and supposed to be much better. I like my iphone 4, but we've had them over two years. Soon as the 6 comes out all the older ones will be about useless. My daughter-in-law is an I.T. engineer for a large insurance company. She does development work for phone apps and therefore needs to be current with phone technology. Apple phones (iphones) have minor up-grades with the odd numbered phones and major hardware/software up-grades with the even numbered phones. iphone 6 will be one of the major up-grades. Just like computers, when you jump in, get as many features and functions possible. That way you'll be able to hold on, technology wise, a lot longer than if you jump in starting out with "old" technology.
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:15 pm

Figured out what was holding back the D-2 sheetmetal from moving backward into place--the front frame horn(s)!
The left frame horn was bent in the accident that originally got the Tacoma in my hands to begin with.
I cut it off weeks ago. The right frame horn I cut off about even with the left side. Now the sheetmetal is beginning to move back!
I can really see that there will most likely be interference between the engine pulleys and the IHC radiator. I will know more Friday evening.
Since some folks think we rat rodders are butchers I'm going to make a pile of what I cut off the fenders, cab, etc to make this truck meld with the '95 Tacoma mechanicals.
You may be pleasantly surprised!
Attachments
image.jpg
Getting closer to centered
image.jpg
Oops! Gotta cut that!
image.jpg
Butchery in action
1933 IHC Bus. Cpe
1933 IHC B-3 f
1935 C-1 IHC pickup
2 x 1936 IHC C-30 Fbs
3 x 1938 IHC D-2 Pickups
1938 IHC D-30 fb
1941 IHC K-1
2x 1953 IHC R pickups

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:18 pm

I understand where you are coming from, but I am not really sure I even want "new" tech. I know they tell me I will like it, But I really dislike spending for "data" twice, as I have my internet at home, which I use a lot, and unless I start to drive interstate a lot more, Then I could see needing the ability to "log on" I do have a small wireless computer that I generally carry with me when I travel.
Maybe I will hold on till the "new" ones come out. I generally buy my phones outright, I hate being obligated to a multi-year contract.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:18 am

It seems that I have the next two weekends off, July 4th being a three-day weekend.
My goal is to have all the sheetmetal situated on the chassis along with my made-up flatbed THIS weekend. Situated as in located and bolted on.
And then 4th of July weekend get all the wiring run and battery located. Keep in mind the Tacoma harnesses just plug in after I cut the access holes in the firewall.
This all hinges upon whether or not the engine and trans will have to be moved back. If I have to move these components (along with cut driveshafts and exhaust) I'll probably need another weekend to START the motor.
We will see.
I LIKE the idea of moving the engine back (BTW, it IS possible to move engine back with rack and pinion in the way on left side) because the engine appears to fit better in the engine bay moved back.
Just don't like all the things that I have to modify-- motor mounts, driveshaft, exhaust, trans crossmember and on and on.
1933 IHC Bus. Cpe
1933 IHC B-3 f
1935 C-1 IHC pickup
2 x 1936 IHC C-30 Fbs
3 x 1938 IHC D-2 Pickups
1938 IHC D-30 fb
1941 IHC K-1
2x 1953 IHC R pickups

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:26 pm

I am thinkING that what you are doing is way more difficult that doing an engine transplant.

Digressing for a moment, I have BLACKBERRY Z10 because it works and does everything really well. my Z10 does email, research, OLDIHC posts, BBM, takes pictures, gets me up on time and gives me free calling in CANADA. It is MADE IN NORTH AMERICA and designed and owned in CANADA.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:16 pm

Nikki, you've found me out. I'm FOS.
Yes, this is quite an undertaking. I must seem arrogant or worse. There's nothing that says you can put a 1938 IHC D-2 on a 1995 Toyota Tacoma.
It reminds me of my dad's joke "my favorite hammer"...I've changed the handle twice and the head three times. But it's still my favorite hammer!
These old American Iron /Japanese conversions are indeed "my favorite hammers".
I LOVE old trucks but get immediately tired of people riding my bumper. Late model chassis and you can out run most of these guys if you'd like.
VERY satisfying.
There ARE vehicles I'd never update...my beautiful '40 D-2 pickup for one.
1933 IHC Bus. Cpe
1933 IHC B-3 f
1935 C-1 IHC pickup
2 x 1936 IHC C-30 Fbs
3 x 1938 IHC D-2 Pickups
1938 IHC D-30 fb
1941 IHC K-1
2x 1953 IHC R pickups
PreviousNext

Return to 1940 and Older