D-2 Doppleganger

Forum designed for the D series and older

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:34 am

Re: D-2 Doppleganger

Those 20 inch wheels might be a hard find. Might have to have some made for it if no one turns any up.

My wiring was scary, too. I ended up getting a Rebelwire universal 12 circuit harness for about $150. Looks well constructed and straightforward. Hopefully it will be in the truck before the snow flies. :whistling2:
"How the heck did that happen?"

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:08 am

Re: D-2 Doppleganger

Either ROD AND CUSTOM OR STREET RODDER had a series on WHEELS recently. VERY well done. Straightened a lot of of us out as far as what wheel came from where.
They had a little section on 20" steel wheels. Evidently IHC and Dodge had them optional. Don't know about Ford or GM.
The article talks about a " wheel collector" actually a upholster in NW USA.
He has some of these wheels! I googled him and called him up. He had three NOS IHC 20" wheels if I understood him right and two Dodge 20" not in great cond.
I only need a spare. I told him I'd buy one of the Dodge wheels as a spare since once you put the hub cap on no one will know. And condition wasn't important, I just needed a spare for looks ( I can keep the real spare in the bed).
No thanks, no deal.
He would've traded a magneseum wheel for one who has a super-rare real mag wheel?
I have a magneseum wheel from a WWII airplane that came out of an old wheel pile. Not good enough.
Oh well.
1933 IHC Bus. Cpe
1933 IHC B-3 f
1935 C-1 IHC pickup
2 x 1936 IHC C-30 Fbs
3 x 1938 IHC D-2 Pickups
1938 IHC D-30 fb
1941 IHC K-1
2 x 1947 IHC KB-1 Pickups
2x 1953 IHC R pickups
Previous

Return to 1940 and Older