Urethane C-30 front bump stops available

Forum designed for the D series and older

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:27 am

Urethane C-30 front bump stops available

I'll have a full write-up on how I did this on my wordpress page. But suffice it to say. A very long time ago I worked for an injection molding company. Since I couldn't find suitable replacement to replace the rotted rubber bump stops located at the front axle on my C-30. I machined an exact aluminum blank and then made a mold and cast my own out of 60 D black urethane. I made extras. These may fit other models. I know the C-1's are different (round) But I could make these also if needed. The C-30's are 1.60 tall 1.30 wide square blocked.
Last edited by BlindSquirrel36C-30 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:58 pm

Re: Urethane C-30 front bump stops available

you will not get any interest until it is too late then the line will for on the right.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:32 pm

you will not get any interest until it is too late then the line will for on the right.

Isn't that the truth. Probably can't even give them away. Ha! Ha! Tried to post a picture here to show what they came out looking like. Guess somebody is going to have to teach the olde dog a new trick. Ended up having to post one to my wordpress page. So if you want to critique, please feel free.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:31 pm

What would a set of 4 cost for a D2?

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:52 pm

I'm just guessing. But my bet is that any speak of sales here would get me a big red flag. I'm only stating what is available, how I made it (in case you want to diy it yourself) size, shape, and make-up. Take a look at the picture I posted in my signature (more updates to follow). If they are the same for your D-2. Hit me with a PM and I'll fix you up.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:11 pm

No red flag, but generally would just as soon that pricing be discussed off board. There have been things made and a set price is stated on board, then it becomes a first come first served. As stated, generally better to do pricing off of the general forum.

If you have a picture on your computer, you can generally add it to your post, as long as it is not too big. If too big, then just shrink it using Paint on your computer.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:43 pm

The D2 bumpers are round with square holder area so it would take a new mold.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:01 pm

Do you have an example I can make a mold from? Or, how good are you with technical drawings?

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:59 pm

I'm not selling these to make any money. Just keeping the hobby moving forward. The product itself has a shelf life once it's opened. $10 a pair and the ride. If you need a different style. Let me know and I'll see what I can do (but you have to provided something I can make a mold off of). I'm looking into casting motor mounts also. Like I said, Not in to it for making money. I'll be doing a complete write up in my wordpress page for the "do it yourself-er". Be it known that the urethane will set you back a little over $130 for the smallest quantities. Casting materials and incidentals can be $30 to $50 depending on what you already have.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:53 pm

Look in the archives under Windmiller (member name) He did a lot of urethane casting (he works, or did, in the proto-type dept of one of the big auto mfg) He had a lot of trouble with the casts, most came down to old product (Urethane). he was vacuum casting to try and get all the bubbles out. He was trying to duplicate the rubber pieces for the K model.
I hope you have better luck than he did.

Return to 1940 and Older