D2 - K1 parts exchange?

Forum designed for the D series and older

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:02 pm

D2 - K1 parts exchange?

Thought I should start a new thread for this question. I've been getting conflicting information so I thought I would go to the experts! I have heard that I might be able to use the K6 or K7 running boards on my D2, but also heard they would not fit. If not, how about the K1 or K2 running boards? They look close from some photos.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:14 pm

Re: D2 - K1 parts exchange?

Not a chance... the D2 running boards are narrower....
just count the number of ribs = 3 -- spaced 3" apart at the front (fender) tapering to 1.5" at the rear

The "BIG" trucks have larger running boards, with 4 ribs.... much wider at the fender mounting area...

PMH

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:30 pm

As has been stated, the K1 or K2 will probably not fit, Neither will the ones off the bigger trucks, However, as was also stated, the ones off of the K6 or K7 could probably be Modified to fit. If you get someone to measure the fender curve and width at the front of any set of running boards you might find, then you might be able to determine if you could Modify them to fit your needs. Others have just made running boards out of Wood.

Just my uneducated thoughts

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:31 pm

Thanks PMH and ibesq.

Hopefully some D2's will hit Craig's or Ebay or one of the other boards someday. I had a line on some and the guy changed his mind, selling only the whole truck and not parting out. Foiled again! Haha

Return to 1940 and Older