Oil lines???

Forum designed for the D series and older

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:26 pm

Oil lines???

I'm trying to get my 1940 D2 213 engine up and running and I'm not sure where the oil lines from the filter go? The lines have been cut and my guess is that someone just bypassed the filter at some point. Also, where could I find period correct lines? Thanks!

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:19 pm

Re: Oil lines???

Hey Hammer,

The way My filter is connected is the inlet is at the bottom of the oil filter and is connected with a 3/16" steel line that goes around the back of the engine to a plug
just to the right of the oil sending unit. The outlet is 1/4" braded line that exits the top of the oil filter and goes straight down to a plug below the starter. I seem to remember a pdf floating around on one of the forums that has an exploded view of the filter canister and oil lines but I can't find it.

--George
37 D2 Pickup - restored
76 Scout II Terra - restored
74 International 200 4x4 - restoring
2011 F350

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:26 am

The fitting for the return line is closer to the dipstick. A hex bolt higher up by the starter is for the oil high pressure relief.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:46 pm

I have a pic a HD-213 engine with the oil filter and lines connected. Unfortunately, I can't send it here cuz the file is larger than allowed. Feel free to send an email addy to me and will forward several pics. Thanks George.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:59 am

Here's what we have. The first one is the left side of the motor straight down from the filter canister, below the starter. (that's the steering gearbox to the right of the photo) The second photo is the right side of the motor. The fitting goes into the block just ahead of the oil pressure sending unit These fittings are positioned directly opposite from each other. They are between cylinders #4 and #5 and just above the oil pan.
-Snowman.
Attachments
MVC-035S.JPG
MVC-034S.JPG

Return to 1940 and Older