Help on brakes

Forum designed for the D series and older

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:14 am

Help on brakes

We have a 38 international fire truck. I believe it is a d model but not positive. The brake cylinder seals in the back brakes are gone and we only have front brakes.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: Help on brakes

Usually you can get the "cup" rubber seals at most parts stores just need to know the size. If you wipe the old ones off its usually marked on the flat side of the rubber. MM

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:53 pm

Ok thanks!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:32 am

I may have spoken a little too soon, my son mentioned a lot of the parts stores have quit stocking the cups. I did a google search on Wheel cylinder cups and a lot of them came up. Also did a generic search on NAPA for the same and they still come up in the catalog, however as most listings don't state the size you would have to open each item to verify the size. Dorman is a Manufacture and if you can find their catalog they should have them, once you get their number use the cross reference at NAPA to get their number. Scottso probably knows where to cross reference the complete cylinders. MM

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:16 pm

I called oreillys and they still carry some here. He said they keep up to one inch in stock but can probably get bigger

Return to 1940 and Older