Truck Doors Identify

Forum designed for the D series and older

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon May 19, 2014 8:33 am

Truck Doors Identify

TRUCK DOORS
I have acquired these doors and am trying to identify them. IHC doors are similar but it is hard to tell from just pictures. The Dementions are 28 15/16" wide and 47 1/2" tall at back and 46 5/8 at front. Door is fairly thick with 3 hinges that were fasten
on a wood door post with wood screws. A unique feature is the window actuator is a "screw Jack" type mechanism. I was going to cut a panel out of them but someone that knows what they came off from may appreciate them as they are. I am trying to load some pictures. cleddy
Attachments
DSC03695.JPG
DSC03692.JPG
DSC03691.JPG

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon May 19, 2014 8:37 am

Re: Truck Doors Identify

A couple more pictures cleddy
Attachments
DSC03700.JPG
DSC03698.JPG
DSC03693.JPG

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon May 19, 2014 11:19 am

They put me in mind of a ford door. Others may have better ideas. Just do not remember where I have seen three hinges, except on the back of Square body delivery trucks. Just my thoughts

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Mon May 19, 2014 7:23 pm

I would say they are Ford model T doors.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue May 20, 2014 5:09 pm

Ibesq and Nebr. Kirk
You guys are good. I didn't think there was a chance ever that they were Ford Doors but they are. I've been looking at truck pictures I never even heard of before and then decided to try your advice and look the doors over better and on the door latches there is the "Ford" emblem etched which almost all Ford parts had. That narrows it down a lot and now I only have to find the Model. I heard the TT Ford truck doors were the same as the AA Model A truck but discounted that story since what's the chances of finding an even older good door.
I'm kind of embarrassed to bug you on IHC site but I sure appreciate the help. My best memory of the IHC truck was the local Trucker/Corn Sheller had a John Deere Sheller mounted on a old 1936 International Truck. In the middle of summer about when the farmers had time the day before Shelling day he would drive the rig over and set up by the corn crib digging the tires in and leveling the machine up. You could always hear it coming since it had straight pipes on it. Corn Shelling day or 2 involved all the neighbors coming to scoop corn and running the Corn Sheller all day with the old truck hood open a little to keep it cool. The only time they shut down was for the expected big dinner at whose ever place it was or if a break down happened or trucks got behind on hauling the corn away. Then when they were done the owner would pull the Corn Sheller Truck up on the side and move on to the next place. As long as I remember this went on until about 1968 when we got a Combine Corn Picker head and that kind of killed that business. I think the family still has the old International / Sheller rig though. Thanks again
cleddy

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed May 21, 2014 8:22 am

You are welcome for the help. Stop by from time to time. Perhaps you can talk that family into parting with the 36 international truck.

Return to 1940 and Older