Lots of IH Trucks

Post up where The Yards are that we can find parts!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:36 pm

Lots of IH Trucks

Hi,
There is a junk yard about 60 miles from me in the middle of nowhere. It has many cars and trucks from the early 50's to current models sitting there, including many IH trucks. Many of the vehicles there appear to be very restorable. It's off highway 139 half way between Alturas and Klamath. Probably the only wrecking yard within a hundred mile radius. If you stop by there, let me know if you have any luck in getting him to sell anything and his asking prices, or just finding a contact name and phone number would be good too. Or I would be very happy to ride with you and point out the place if you're coming from California. We might get a better deal if we're both buying things.
There's a big uninviting locked fence that has no trespassing signs with no phone number around almost the entire place. I don't know how to contact anyone there except to drive there. Rumor has it the owner does not want to sell anything but his son wants to sell everything and so its best to talk with his son if possible. Below is just what can be seen in the distance from the highway sitting outside the fence. It goes back several acres and there is a dirt road that goes around the entire place.
I tried to enlarge the picture as much as possible before getting blurry. Scroll left or right when you click on the picture to see as much as possible.
Junkyard-1.JPG

Junkyard-2.JPG

Good luck.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:56 pm

Re: Lots of IH Trucks

I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:53 pm

Re: Lots of IH Trucks

nikkinutshop wrote:Could that be https://thebinderboneyard.com/

I don't think so, as theBinderBoneyard is in central Oregon and I believe this is still in California, but very close to the border of Oregon.

Return to IH Junk Yards