1947 INternational TD6, 1968 IH 856

When what have does not fit one of the other categories, then this is the place to post it.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:47 am

1947 INternational TD6, 1968 IH 856

Dad is 91, on hospice care, and finally admitting he's never going to get around to finishing the restoration of his TD6. It is partially disassembled and has a rebuilt engine installed and a new radiator. All of the parts are there as well as a few new ones. It will come with a shop manual and a parts catalog. Comes with an Erie blade and an extra set of tracks.

Looking to see it go to someone who will appreciate it for the fine, old tough beast that it is and finish it and use it. If you are a scrapper or salvager do us both a favor and don't call.

Dad hasn't said what he wants for it, but if someone out there is seriously interested, PM me and we will come to a very favorable agreement. I can also text you a bunch of pics. You will need to arrange transport, but I have some contacts for that as well, if you need it.

Also have an IH 856 that runs like a champ, but a little rough cosmetically. It has duals and weights and a scraper blade and a 6 foot Bush Hog that will be included. He has said he wants $6500 for it, but that is negotiable.
"How the heck did that happen?"

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:07 pm

Re: 1947 INternational TD6, 1968 IH 856

So, how is the "King" doing?. Lest we forget.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:02 am

Re: 1947 INternational TD6, 1968 IH 856

Good days and bad. I'm basically living up there, except on my work days when we hire caregivers (and that costs an arm and a leg).

When I'm there he does pretty good, although he keeps me hopping. Taking care of business and all. And when I'm not there, he goes off the rails and I get called about every couple of hours. Health-wise, he looked awful when we brought him home from the hospital and I didn't think he would last a week. Now it looks like he'll be celebrating Christmas with us, and maybe next Christmas, too.
"How the heck did that happen?"

Return to Miscellaneous