Wiring Harness

When what have does not fit one of the other categories, then this is the place to post it.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:32 pm

Wiring Harness

Where can I find a wiring harness for a 1966 1100A International 4X4 truck?

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:05 pm

Re: Wiring Harness

several different places: Painless, Rebel and several more make custom harnesses. Others will speak up shortly.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:34 pm

i haven't bought a harness for my '48 KB 3 yet,but I am Quite impressed with "Rhode Island Wire". Their (cloth) harnesses use flame proof technology,with the look of original harness."All connections,are Pre-Measured, Pre-Crimped and Soldered! I'm SURE that they make harnesses for your application,as well. I spent over $500.00 for a "Custom" 18 circuit harness for my 2-ton '55 Chevy,and I needed to buy a GOOD set of crimping pliers,strippers,and soldering iron/flux and solder,not to mention shrink tube insulation,and a torch to shrink the insulation boots. Overall,i spent $600.00 for the harness,and it took 6 week-ends to install,since I soldered every connection,and installed 4-way flashers,back-up/cargo lights,and other accessories. The stock harness,(for the KB 3,is listed at a little over $300.00!! Quite a DEAL,I.M.H.O.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:51 pm

We have just finished a very complicated wiring of our nonIHC. The main harness for the car is a Painful Performance 21++ circuit. Many of the unterminated wires had green powder corrosion back inside the insulation. Some of the corrosion was as far back as 12 inches and a few wires had to be replaced. The corrosion was bad enough that any reasonable amount of cleaning was not enough to allow soldering then heat-shrinking of the connections.
I did call the customer service. After a controlled conversation, the service person determined that this was my fault. What a surprise. I was told that this company specifies wire made in USA, but cannot be sure that their suppliers source all of their product from the USA.
The unterminated harness that came with our www.electromotivestore.com TEC3r system was in perfect condition.
We will be using Ron Francis Wire Works for the two IHC projects we have in the queue.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Return to Miscellaneous