Post Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:06 pm

WELDING POSITIONER

FOR SALE
This is a little something that I made out of my wife's treadmill. I did ask if I might use it and with her permission, well sort of, I repurposed it just a little. It works real well. Here is the thing, now that I have it, I don't need it as much as I thought I would. I tig-welded a custom exhaust system with it and now it is gathering dust and taking up about four square feet that I can fill with something else I don't need, less. I may have to restrict selling to Canada because of the rules of MADE IN USA to protect American jobs. If someone were to pick it up here and drive it south, That seems to have different rules than the ones that I have to follow. The original tread mill was made in Washington by PROCOR FROM made in USA components.
The electronic control sets the rotation speed of the four jaw chuck and the screw motor that raised and lowered the running surface now powers the tilt for the chuck. The chuck is attached to a rotating ground and the welder ground is connected to the post on the side of the positioner. The drive circuit has been interrupted with an on/on switch to reverse rotation.
I was thinking that offers up to something less than $500 would take it away. The new chuck is included.
Image These are some of the components.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....