Cooling fan

When what have does not fit one of the other categories, then this is the place to post it.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:58 pm

Cooling fan

Looking for four bladed fan for GD 233

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:59 pm

Re: Cooling fan

Actually looking for fan for RED DIAMOND 233.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:21 pm

Can't be to my knowledge, smallest RED was the 289.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:33 pm

Thanks CB. I did not realize that the 233 ( which I thought was painted red ) was not called a red diamond. But I am still looking for a four blade fan for a gd 214. I was told that the 233 was a four blade fan that would bolt right onto the 214.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:32 pm

I am always concerned with old engine driven fans and used grinding stones when I do not know the history of them. The cooling fan flexes a lot during it's life. As the rpm increase the blades flex forward and then relax as the rpm goes down or the engine stops. Factor this into the possible thousands of time this has happened in 70 years.
The other and often less obvious situation is the possibility of someone bending the fan back after it struck something and bent one or more of the blades. This almost guarantees a failure. One of our farm neighbours was killed when the fan he had just straightened gave up a blade and struck him in the throat. I have seen hoods where a fan blade let go and passed through the hood. The kinetic energy in a fan blade is considerable and should be respected.
I have always replaced old engine driven fans with something much newer. The designs have become more efficient, quiet safe and better balanced. A fan that is a few grams out of balance can and will shorten the life of the water-pump, if the fan is mounted to the pump. .
https://www.flex-a-lite.com/belt-driven-fans.html
Even under the best of circumstances, disaster can happen. I had a new and undamaged USA made grinder stone separate and blow to bits. Fortunately the castiron guard on my Baldor grinder held most of the danger inside.
Attachments
BALDOR WHEEL EXPLOSION 1.jpg
BALDOR GRINDER WHEEL EXPLOSION 2.jpg
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Return to Miscellaneous