The end of this forum

When what have does not fit one of the other categories, then this is the place to post it.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

Re: The end of this forum

By happenstance I just saw this thread, it's the first time I've looked in the "Miscellaneous" category. Maybe it could be mentioned in a more active area, then again maybe it has. I hope Hattrick4467 goes for it. I too will donate if that helps.
Brian

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:09 pm

I have been a regular supporter of this forum.
The forum was shut down for the last 36+ hours, here.
Attachments
a83fa344-44dc-42d3-9155-d19fc8b83e1d.jpg
a83fa344-44dc-42d3-9155-d19fc8b83e1d.jpg (24.58 KiB) Viewed 240 times
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:24 am

nikkinutshop wrote:I have been a regular supporter of this forum.
The forum was shut down for the last 36+ hours, here.

I noticed the same thing, around Thurs or Friday. I was trying to update my thread.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:45 am

I too have noticed it. I sent a PM to Jupes and Lloyd about it, no response.
Site stat's at the bottom of the main page shows "record number of users online" in the last week. so somebody outside the IHC family is making an attack on the site.
We are going to loose the site if we can't get someone who has the "keys" to respond.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:42 am

I have talked to Lloyd about trying to take the domain name over and move the site to a different hosting service. I have a backup of the site working with Lloyd but it contains no pictures or files. It has been frustrating as it seems if you are going to let the site go then you should have no problem transitioning to someone else. I honestly do not understand but have kind of given up at this point. I have seen the site be inaccessible a few times in the last week. I think domain name is good until Summer but do not know the arrangement on the hosting services. I also found out there is the WordPress side of things but there is also part of the site that was hosted elsewhere and only Jim Hattfield had access and he is no longer with us. I figured maybe we could get that sorted out if we could get =control of the domain and the WordPress site. Another option would be to just build an entire new site and start over but there would be a lot of great information lost. I personally think the site is way too fragmented in it's organization and could be cleaned up a bit. Thoughts?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:20 pm

This site had its start in the old "bulletin board" days and has grown sort hodge-podge since. I know nothing about what is possible and what isn't worth the effort, which is why I didn't step forward. We have been through several hacks and crashes and lost most of the stuff when that happened.
I think if someone wants to step forward and take the reigns, I for one, will be ok with what they decide.
I'd like it to continue but it has been slow since about the time covid struck. I think a lot of peoples priorities changed and traffic dropped off quick.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:21 pm

I sure would hate for this to go away. I don't post often, but I there's a lot of good info here and I do follow it regularly. I often see things here that I wouldn't even think to ask. Like others have said, I'm willing to kick in some funds now and then but I have no skills that would help run the site.
1936 International C40
1962 Triumph TR4
2002 Chevy Avalanche

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:51 am

hattrick4467 wrote:I have talked to Lloyd about trying to take the domain name over and move the site to a different hosting service. I have a backup of the site working with Lloyd but it contains no pictures or files. It has been frustrating as it seems if you are going to let the site go then you should have no problem transitioning to someone else. I honestly do not understand but have kind of given up at this point. I have seen the site be inaccessible a few times in the last week. I think domain name is good until Summer but do not know the arrangement on the hosting services. I also found out there is the WordPress side of things but there is also part of the site that was hosted elsewhere and only Jim Hattfield had access and he is no longer with us. I figured maybe we could get that sorted out if we could get =control of the domain and the WordPress site. Another option would be to just build an entire new site and start over but there would be a lot of great information lost. I personally think the site is way too fragmented in it's organization and could be cleaned up a bit. Thoughts?

I saw this on binder planet, sounds like Jeff Bade may help read below

Jeff Bade
Jeff Bade
Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Yesterday at 2:00 PM

Let me know what help you need.
We can host it here with BP if need be

But having access to the Database and file store might be what you really need.
Previous

Return to Miscellaneous