Sold--Another unique item-beltbuckle

When what have does not fit one of the other categories, then this is the place to post it.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:31 am

Sold--Another unique item-beltbuckle

I know this isnt a part we can use on ours trucks, but it is a unique piece of history that perhaps a member, (or a relative), who has a connection to the Rock Island plant might be interested in. It's from my dad's collection so I want it to go somewhere where I know it'll be appreciated. My dad got this just after they were distributed. He was working at the Waukesha casting facility at the time but he started at the Rock island plant in the 50's. It's a belt buckle commemorating the final tractor at the Rock Island plant. The caption on the front states "Final tractor 5-14-85". The caption on the back gives the dates of the first and last tractors at the Farmall plant, as well as the last tractor's model and serial numbers. It's also numbered 792 of 2500. I have no idea about monetary value but I'll throw a number out of $45. I'm open to discussion. here's hoping it finds a good home...

Allen
Attachments
DSCN8984a.jpg
DSCN8983a.jpg
Last edited by BapaAllen on Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:31 pm

Re: Another unique item-beltbuckle

This is the kind of content this forum needs.
The heated discussions on choice and politics has nearly ruined this forum. It is time to put differences aside and get back to IHC trucks and machinery.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:07 am

Nikki,
I agree this is a truck forum and the forum is still usable for that. There is a politics thread. You can choose to participate in that if you want. I find it odd that when it was convenient to criticize the president and administration everyone did so and piled on. Just like CNN and others. Now that the current president is a disaster on every front it is all of a sudden not a good idea. This is the problem with the left. You like many other need to wake up. We can be kind and treat each other with respect but there are always other perspectives. By the way. Trudeau is a complete joke also. He will hopefully be gone in the next election but he is just as correct as the deep swamp down here. Hope you have a great day!

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:33 am

I refrain from posting in the political threads, and now won't even view them. However, apparently now one can't even post in the misc thread in an effort to pass along a keepsake without an arguement breaking out. Very disheartening.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:15 pm

With the family history with the plant, I would hope someone in your family would like it. I have a licenseplate from The GE plant my grandfather worked at. Although I have no other tie to GE, I do treasure it for my long past grandfather.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:47 pm

BapaAllen, you did the right thing with your post. Do not be discouraged by the others that are showing off their egos. Your post has contributed to what can make this forum great, again.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Return to Miscellaneous