leaf spring data

Links to IH related websites, books, literature resources and the discussion of them.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:57 am

leaf spring data

I found a data book for leaf springs which might be helpful in finding springs for obsolete parts.
http://www.springresearch.org/pdf/volume_25.pdf
I would suggest downloading a copy as I am not sure the link will always be active.
edit: If you replace the volume number in the above link, you can access info back to 1932!
Last edited by cornbinder89 on Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:06 pm

Re: leaf spring data

I/m not sure about the big trucks, the guys at St Louis Spring got it together on the lite line over the phone. Good prices too. And fit.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:16 pm

When I was doing heavy-haul, I wore out the front springs on my 9670. I replaced the 12000lb front springs with 16,000lb set. It allowed me to drop the air on the pusher, putting 13-14K on the steer for making off ramps and tight turn, without bottoming out. Bobtail, I was running 12,400 on the steer, so would be maxed out before I even put a trailer on. To this day the front springs are going strong, and rides well.
At that time, I had access to a book that covered IHC. This one gives measurements and spring rates which can be helpful in selection of a non standard replacement.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:24 pm

You know the big stuff, I don't! use to drive the big trucks with booms on them, but the company sent them out when something went wrong. When the guy asked what P/N was on my springs and how many, I was surprised, so I told him. Had them in 3 days.

Return to The Library