pto needed T496

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:18 pm

pto needed T496

Hey Guys, I'm building a dump truck from my 1975 Cargostar 1710 B Firetruck. the fire equipment is long gone. haha! some of the red metal and siver diamond plate went into the construction of my outdoor kitchen about 6 years ago already. It's got the rarely heard of MV404 gas engine and my build sheet tells me I have a T496 transmission. the only thing I don't have is a pto. You'd think a firetruck would, but actually they have a whole different system for powing the pumps...which cost me a few pennies at the driveline shop to get rid of.

CAn you call out which pto units are compatible with the T496? I spotted similar bolt pattern on a 55 R150 parts truck of mine. Is it possible these units are the same over 20 years apart?

thanks

Tom

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:41 am

Re: pto needed T496

That midship pump drive was worth a few bucks. They are used on many applications.
There are many speed and rotation choices when looking for a PTO, you are better off getting a new one for your application then trying to find one that turns the right direction, right speed and has the correct output (direct mount, shaft, etc) for what you need. The only exception is if you can find one on the same trans, for the same application.

Return to Cargostar