Dierk's Garage

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:36 am

Re: Dierk's Garage

"Talk of the town" in Fresno. See you there, maybe?

http://fresnoauctioncompany.net/?ai1ec_ ... rday-10-am

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:26 pm

Collector of antique Harleys, Chevys and those super-sought after Cutlass Cieras!!

She's so fine my 409...

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:58 pm

FARGO the movie featured a Cutlass Ciera? Pretty sure. It would be funny to drive one.
I'm much more interested in whats in the boxes and in the nooks and crannies. I need another big project like a hole in the head. But the goodies like old oil cans, antique tools, an old motorcycle frame, etc. are cool.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:53 pm

1890s factory (came with history) wooden tool cabinet plus cast-iron IHC logo plus a little red paint equals instant old timey International!
There was a hole in the cabinet where I attached the logo, so no harm done.
The cast-iron logo has legs cast into that fit right over the "stile" of the cabinet. It was meant to be!
I put my fingerprints in the paint so there is no doubting this is all me.
I'm going to keep my small collection of IHC tools in it?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:21 pm

Wiedenhoff made some of the best automotive test equipment, ever. This antique but still usable generator testing machine is just so cool. Smith Auto Parts in Central CA (five stores) has been purchased by a big NAPA franchisee and will no doubt be undergoing huge changes. I put my name on this tester just in case it's for sale. It's kinda a local legend, this machine. It has tested thousands and thousands of generators and alternators around here. I suspect it's from the 1930s but I don't know.
Attachments
image.jpg
Plastic is because the shop roof leaks.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:01 am

wow, I'd love something like that. How do you hear about this stuff? I suppose being still active in the trade helps, but even when I was, I never heard about what happens to closing stores machines, let alone be able to "put my name" in for it.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:25 am

Our local parts store had a Weidenhoff tester I had many an alternator tested on it. It was also the type of parts store that emplyed a guy who could rebuilt alternators, generators, and starters. I fear that when the owner retired and the business was bought that all the old machines were discarded by Big A. They also did away with rebuilding anything.
46 K3
52 L110
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:54 am

It would sure look good in my shop! I know everyone who works at this store, CB. The owner's brother
(All Cochrans) was my boss at the local Chevron. I think I have as good a chance as anyone to get it. The new owner guys could care less. They think it's junk. We'll see.
I looked up Weidenhoff on Ebay amd they have quite a few items, BTW.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:00 am

On a different note this Bowser Gas Boy has "METZ CARS" painted on its side. I googled Metz Cars and found these. I'm guessing my Gas Boy came from a Metz dealership.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
See if you can see "METZ CARS".

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:04 am

Waltese, maybe this machine was the tester of choice at one time? I've never seen another but I wasn't always allowed in the shop part of other stores.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion