Canada

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:07 pm

Canada

Thinking of our neighbor to the North.

Recent events must give us all reason to pause to wish speed with the investigations and finding every last one of the individuals responsible for the terrible attacks that have so many hurting.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:05 pm

Re: Canada

Harvey
This could be one crazy fool. Im not sure. When these fools start effecting our way of life there needs to be a follow thru if it is a group attack. Eliminate!
These people were enjoying a fall evening listening to music. The fool could have lost all his money and decided to punish innocent people. Beyond me why.
If you have a religion say a prayer for all involved. Were all involved because its our country
The media does not help giving names to them. The headline should read. Another scumbag killed inocene people. Then drop the hype. Tabloid news
Whats that seventy's song. Is the head dead yet.

Im dont mean to push my beliefs
I missed the topic. I see your talking about the attacks in Canada. We are brothers with anything that happens to them. Im talking about the Vegas attack. both attacks were sick.
I get my high on heavy iron, the older and heavier the better I feel.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:46 pm

Our Police have their suspect and have charged him.
We live in an age with new, previously unheard of, situations that temper our decisions on travel and caution.
Los Vegas has a much bigger situation to deal with, now. Our news reports that a Canadian from this area was killed and another Canadian from Edmonton has died from a gunshot in that Los Vegas shooting.
Here in Canada we are being cautioned to be extra careful when travelling in the USA. My wife's travel agent suggests that, as much as is possible, avoid driving, with non USA licence plates while visiting.
I do not travel to your country, anymore, other than to go a hundred yards into Point Roberts, WA to pick up my packages. I have to believe that there are many responsible gun owners that will never be a problem, BUT, I am under the impression that just about anyone has access to firearms. The change of attitude in DC has raised our feelings of fear of travelling in your country. The on-line statistics available, support this. One report suggests that a person is 50 times more likely to be shot in your country than in Canada.
We are suffering lots of gun violence in this area of British Columbia. The police have determined that these shootings, often one a day, are between rival gangs and over drugs. Our gun violence has been mostly confined to one area, so I avoid going there. One of the mechanics I worked with lost his sun to gun violence. The son was shot dead less than a block from my address, as he exited a big party. This is when his parents became aware their son was a significant drug dealer well known to the police.
It has been determined, by our police, that most of the non-registered and illegal guns have crossed into Canada from the USA. Gun ownership is very rare in Canada.
So, I hope your situation gets better because it has changed many things for your neighbours to the north of the 49th. I miss the good old days when my wife and I would drive to Bellingham, WA. for some good Mexican food or to a theatre production inn Seattle.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:49 pm

Yes I was speaking about the Canada attack..

But now I have no words... Just heartsick.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:19 pm

I live 35 miles from st louis. A war zone after dark. maybe they could start training the military in the inner cities.
Chigago for instance. But then we would be infringing on somones rights. The law enforcement people have their hands tied. They are supposed to let a drug dealer shoot them. I wouldnt want to be stuck in their situation. They are humane and make mistakes [very few] but the people they deal with want to kill them.
Things are out of control.
I get my high on heavy iron, the older and heavier the better I feel.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:03 pm

My heart and thoughts go out to everyone affected by these attacks. So sad.
Its strange that here in the UK, we have not heard of any attacks in Canada, but having said very very little was reported about the terror attacked on 2 young lady's in France over the weekend. Luke

Return to Non-IH discussion