Post Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:36 pm

Diamond T 201 Series

As I've said many times...think or say what you want about California...COOL OLD TRUCKS live here, forever.
I just viewed a ("advertised" as 1946) Diamond T LOCALLY. The story goes that Diamond T ran out of cabs to put on their trucks right as civilian production resumed after WWII. I can't verify that. However, more than one of these trucks with "aftermarket cobbed cabs" supposedly exist. One was part of the Archie Crippen Collection. Think Fresno, CA. I googled. Can't find it.
(HE is a story!).
Anyway, since my "finger is on the pulse" of antique trucks, locally :), I was advised of MOST of a 1946ish Diamond T 201 series existing near me...about 120" wb...
I went and viewed...
I'm thrilled...I think I have everything I need to resurrect besides pickup bed and rear fenders. It's currently a flatbed.
Excuse me if I don't give more details. This truck isn't advertised, I want a decent chance at buying it.

Think of THIS truck IF the cab were made professionally in a local sheetmetal shop. Along with others doing the same on Diamond T chassis supplied by Fresno Diamond T.
I can't verify any piece of this story except that the present long-time owner is very sincere in his memory of the facts.
It's all very interesting, no matter how the story turns out.
Attachments
image.jpg
For illustrative purposes, only.
image.jpg
I would be missing bed and fenders.