WHAT DID YOU DO IN YOUR SHOP TODAY

Just keep it clean please....

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:54 pm

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN YOUR SHOP TODAY

That really sucks, Nikki. The thought of some jack wagon messing with your stuff is as irritating as the follow-up phone calls. What a bunch of crap to deal with just because some sack of crap is too high or lazy to work for his money.

There was some debate recently about a 15yo kid who was killed in a high speed chase after car-jacking a vehicle hours after he was released to his family following a previous car-jacking. No feelings hurt for me, just glad he didn't take an innocent person with him.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:07 pm

I am a little comforted because you understand.
After looking into the steering column and finding a lot more damage. I may wait the week and let ICBC insurance deal with the problem. This could to $2000 dollars damage, I was told. My deductible is $300, so I might as well let the insurance deal with the repairs.
I am going into the house. The temperature in the shop is 30C
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:35 pm

You stay cool! The heat can really take "it" out of a person. It got to 101 this afternoon. Really need another air conditioner in the 5th Wheel. Unfortunately, there are not many "bad" natural consequences for bad behavior, and thus no disincentive to doing bad things. Little sympathy from me when a "bad" guy does not survive. I hope that the situation with your truck turns out good for you, will insurance provide a loaner while it is unavailable?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:06 pm

The insurance rep called and I might get a courtesy vehicle. My deductible is $300.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:39 am

A suitable loaner would be good, try not to let them "shoe horn" you into a compact vehicle, I know from experience, they are not suited for guys like us. Mature gentlemen.
$300 deductible is not bad, my insurance tried to talk me into a $1000 deductible, we did settle on a much lower one. I am disinclined to pay out of pocket for things Not my fault.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:13 pm

I can get my insurance rate lowered by opting for a higher deductible. $300 was the limit I qualified for. I get discounted for senior rate, good driver and not commuting to work or school.
The insurance called this morning to say the have issued a request for a tow truck pick up and deliver my truck to a local body shop we agreed on.
After looking at the damage, I think the steering column may have to be replaced. The alloy housing that holds the ignition key cylinder is heavily damaged.
I do not think anything was taken. Even though I may not have any place I might like to go to, I feel a little trapped.
I asked for and got some good information on how to rewire a Delta three phase motor starter to operate on single phase 220 volts.
Attachments
Delta motor starter.jpg
Delta 3 phase motor starter diagram

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:30 am

nikkinutshop wrote:I walked through my garage to get to my truck. I had a doctor's appointment. Some POS broke into my truck overnight. The passenger door lock and steering column lock cylinders were destroyed. I spent the last several hours on the phone with insurance and the police. I do not like dealing with these agencies. They appear to be focused on delay and making my situation unnecessarily complicated.
One mobile lock service wants me to tow my truck to their office and supply the parts. What is with that? This does not fit with a mobile service description.
So, it looks like the government insurance will not be able to deal with my situation until next Monday. :t0116: :t0116: :t0116: :t0116:

Well that really sucks. I hope they're b@lls turn square and fester in the corners. Luke

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:03 pm

The ICBC insurance sent a tow truck for my pickup. It is in the bodyshop. After a hour of rocky start, everything has become a smooth and easy event. My truck should be ready for the estimated Tuesday return to me.
There has been a suggestion my truck was targeted for the Cummins engine. There is a Cummins engine scam going on. Be careful.
I will be adding some extra security to my pickup. If someone really wants the truck enough, they will find a way to take it.
A few years ago, I was working on my Catalina 27 sailboat at a local marina and public market. I noticed a tow-truck taking a car every now and then. I did not think too much of this because the parking is a paid and timed zone, until the police asked around the marina. The marina owner had lots to say and the police left. The police did not need my help.
My friend, Jack, bought a new Dodge 2500 Diesel 4X4. He owned it for less than a week before it was taken. The truck, minus the drivetrain was found dumped in an abandoned warehouse two weeks later. Maybe, I should buy an AZTEC. I do not think they are on the hit list.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:51 pm

Weather has been a bit naff today, windy and rainy. So i polished the passenger side door handle and window winder. They are far from perfect, but a lot better. Before and afters. Luke
Attachments
IMG_3548.JPG
IMG_3547.JPG
IMG_3549.JPG
IMG_3546.JPG

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:43 pm

I mounted an LED light on my Evolution Walker. Now, I do not have to turn house lights on and disturb anyone. Getting old is shyte. I would be grounded without my 2 walkers. This one stays in the house. I have a lighter alloy walker for going somewhere.
I have a mirror hanger parking pass and I get to use the good parking stalls. A fat POS trailer-park-trash was berating me for driving a 3/4 ton 4X4 and parking in the "crippled people place". She tried to grab my walker away from me while she was yelling obscenities. A guy in an HD shirt slapped her fat face and kicked her in the "C". I remained silent and slipped away to meet my wife for supper at our favorite eatery. I could hear the battle continuing behind me.
Attachments
WALKER LIGHT.jpg
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion