WHAT DID YOU DO IN YOUR SHOP TODAY

Just keep it clean please....

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:06 pm

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN YOUR SHOP TODAY

I had a bit of spare time while waiting for parts, so I decided it was about time I did something about my broken windshield knobs. One was already badly damaged when I got the truck. The other was rusted in a bit and I broke it trying to loosen it. The "wings" are just aluminum or pot metal, so it doesn't take much to break them.
Attachments
20201019_135639-2.jpg
One of the original, damaged knobs.
20201019_142006-2.jpg
turned and threaded
20201019_154258-2.jpg
Here's the top all machined to a bell shape.
20201020_141307-2.jpg
ready to braze.
20201021_100523-2.jpg
Two finished knobs, with original for comparison.
1936 International C40
1962 Triumph TR4
2002 Chevy Avalanche

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:21 pm

Genius. I appreciate that build-it-myself attitude.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:49 pm

I don't know about genius, but it was fun to make. And in the end, it looks like it could be stock. I think the biggest indication that it's not stock is that it isn't broken :lol:
1936 International C40
1962 Triumph TR4
2002 Chevy Avalanche

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:45 pm

ON MY WAY TO THE SHOP, TODAY
The dog followed me outside and the hope was that she would take care of her business. Half way to the garage the dog stopped and assumed the position. In a few seconds there was an example of her best work hanging on the end of a string from one of her chew toys. The dog thought she was finished and took off for a victory lap around the yard. She was surprised, to say the least, and started to yelp like she was in trouble. As she rounded the corner to go down the steps at the shop, the swinging turd wound itself around the first post of the chain-link fence and came free. What followed was disciplinary barking at the now still poop. 81036
Attachments
SADIE 12.jpg
POOPED
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:05 pm

Oh my, I can just picture it!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:21 pm

Picture this.
My wife's brother was a high-school sports teacher. Because the school where he taught was a little short on cash, he would take the tensor bandages home and launder them. He had hung about 25 of the tensor bandages on the clothes line to dry. After an hour he went out to retrieve the tensors and one was missing. One of his Great Dane dogs had pulled a bandage down and had swallowed it. After a few hours, the dog started to struggle while trying to poop the bandage out. HIs wife says there was about two feet of tensor bandage hanging out of the dogs butt. My BIL got the idea to step on the end of the bandage and toss a stick for the dog to run after. This seamed to be working. The BIL failed to notice that while the bandage was paying out, it was stretching. When the bandage came to the end, it recoiled and smacked my BIL in his face. The wife of the BIL was laughing so hard she almost could not tell the story. As much as I would like to retell this family secret, when the BIL comes to visit, it is another subject along with politics and religion that are off limits, here.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:21 pm

I suppose I should make the trip out to the shop sooner than later. I have a bunch of stuff building up around my desk. I have not been outside in nearly a week. The weather has been terrible, with heavy rain and strong wind. The shop is OK and if I did go out, there is no place to visit. We are in a lock-down here. I sure would be easy to get depressed. I have family, our dog and Amazon for relief. :t0117:
Attachments
FROID.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:00 pm

Hard to be down with a warm dog around! I haven't been out all day.
Two days ago, I built a puller and remove the bushing from the 5th wheel mount. The puller didn't work all that well because the bushing was so shot, and there was little to grab onto, so it pulled thru the bushing but did start it moving, and in the end I got it out.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:12 pm

Yup, a dog is good company, that is for sure. I don't get out much with the lockdown in place, but we do go out for a morning walk almost every day. The hard part is avoiding others out doing the same thing. My four legged buddy doesn't understand why she can't greet everyone up close like she used to.
1936 International C40
1962 Triumph TR4
2002 Chevy Avalanche

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:24 pm

My hearing is not so great, now. I appreciate the dog barking loudly when the mail or a delivery is dropped off. Between being an alarm, the dog is a wild and crazy bundle of joy. She is much appreciated in these dark times.
Attachments
SLEEPING.jpg
break time.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion