WHAT DID YOU DO IN YOUR SHOP TODAY

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue May 07, 2019 1:38 pm

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN YOUR SHOP TODAY

I installed a pair of "newer" tires on the back of the 52 Mercury. Went from 70 series to 75 so it might sit a little higher than before but thats ok. Guess a road test is in the near future. I'll try and remember to put on my best hat and jacket for the occasion. :-)
https://youtu.be/fqKC0715Qu0

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue May 07, 2019 6:35 pm

I sat on my shop rolling chair and watched the gardener work. My wife hired him to get the garden ready. He also did a bunch of trimming. I wish
This guy is a hard worker.
I would help, but I cannot. My right knee pops out of joint. This can take the sunshine out of a persons day. OUCH!.
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Wed May 08, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed May 08, 2019 6:40 pm

KNEE SAVER:
This is not a shop build for "today" but something I made a while ago. The pad has two different closed cell foams for extra resistance to crushing. The material and seat belt were recovered from a trash bin.
I wanted to have a place to hang my knee saver and a place where it is not taking up space in my toolbox.
I built the side-cabinet. I needed a place to keep my espresso machine and condiments. At one time the side-cabinet had a retractable power cord in the top section.
The cabinet doors stainless material and the stainless hinge also came from a scrap bin. The material was a back-splash from a commercial kitchen sink. The top door overlaps the lower door. The lock in the top door secures both doors.
Now, this cabinet is filled with shop supplies and is not attached to the main toolbox.
I used to knock out one of these side cabinets in a hour. Bring your own materials and I charged $25 labour. I stopped building these cabinets because of one asshat. He handed me a set of detailed drawings and said, "So I don't screw-up his cabinet" His cabinet could have been number 28.
BTW, the money went into a coffee fund where I worked, at that time.
Attachments
SIDE CABINET I MADE.jpg
SIDE CABINET I MADE 2.jpg
KNEEL CUSHON HANGER.jpg
KNEEL CUSHON 1.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue May 21, 2019 9:27 pm

I started to move the 12 volt/hydraulic power unit and the retractable cord winder fell off. The winder was not broken before someone else used it. Now, I am making a steel bracket to fit on and repair the cord winder. It would have been nice if the borrower had said something. No more Mister Nice Guy.
Attachments
retractable cord mount.jpg
retractable cord borken.png

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed May 22, 2019 3:26 pm

Nikki, you should know by this time in your life, that no good deed goes un punished!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed May 22, 2019 8:29 pm

I do know that to be true, and that makes it more difficult. This is not a big deal, but it is in a way.
My son and I spent most of the day on the Ford start and run situation. We are still experiencing a voltage drop and a no start. The voltage drop is much less now than the first attempt, some time ago.
I have a few things I want to try tomorrow. I want to eliminate the starter from the power supply that goes to the ECU. I am going to sub in a diode and a separate battery or a booster pack.
There was that one moment when it sounded like we had a start. I will keep you posted.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon May 27, 2019 12:20 pm

Hotter than blazes... but I'm wiring this weekend.
Attachments
2019052695174428.jpg
2019052695174437.jpg
2019052795131234.jpg
Matt H.
My toys:
1951 International
1972 Buick Centurion
1957 Buick Special
1939 Buick Special
1978 Cadillac Superior Hearse

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon May 27, 2019 12:48 pm

Are those "arc fault" breakers? I have not yet had to deal with them. From what I hear, they are expensive and subject to false tripping.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon May 27, 2019 2:50 pm

Today I dis mounted my last three tube type tires (10.00x 20's) for re capping. Doubt the'll make it to another re-capping due to ageing out. My capper doesn't like cap beyond 6 years old.
Since I now have almost constant shoulder pain, I'm not sure how long I will continue to do my own tire work. 3 tires was enough for me.
As I stated elsewhere, I am phasing out the tube types due to lack of support while on the road, Hard to find tubes and/or flaps if I need one, not to mention tires.
I picked up three used tubeless rims and they will go in for sandblasting and re painting. I grab a few each time I stop at the truck scrap yard. They try to keep a few on hand, and I buy what they have and then they "find" some more. I now have enough for the Big Bunk cabover and am working on getting enough for the Marmon.
Slowly trying to clear out the barn, so once the Cabovers get sold, I can finish the Marmon and get to work on my K's before I am too old and broke down to finish them.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon May 27, 2019 3:13 pm

cornbinder89 wrote:Are those "arc fault" breakers? I have not yet had to deal with them. From what I hear, they are expensive and subject to false tripping.
these are not. And yes the other breakers are like 5x the price
Matt H.
My toys:
1951 International
1972 Buick Centurion
1957 Buick Special
1939 Buick Special
1978 Cadillac Superior Hearse
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion