WHAT DID YOU DO IN YOUR SHOP TODAY

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:02 am

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN YOUR SHOP TODAY

My shop time was divided between delivering a toolbox I sold and making a simple modification on the phase converter cart.
While the rubber feet isolate the vibration from the Baldor generator, the generator must be locate so it will not move while the cart is shifted. I drilled the .500" foot bolts for a grade 8 .250" bolt. Under the base plate the bolt will, once again be isolated with a rubber pad and a locking nut. I enjoyed using the lathe, again. It has been a while.
I called the distributor and ordered a badge for the front space of the cart. They offered to include a "T" shirt.
The final colour, for the cart, will be black.
Attachments
AMERICAN ROPTARY BASE 2.jpg
phase converter foot modification 1.jpg
phase converter foot mod 2.jpg
phase converter foot mod 3.jpg
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:08 pm

I filed my ultrasonic parts cleaner with EVAPORUST and started processing some parts. My DUROSONIC parts cleaner has a heat mode that complements the ultrasonic cleaning action. The pictured collets went from rusty to like new in 15 minutes. I have a few vintage Jacobs chucks that will get their turn tomorrow.
Attachments
COLLETT RUST GONE.jpg
COLLETTS RUST FREE.jpg
RUSTY COLLETTW.jpg
ULTRASONIC UNIT.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:43 pm

Most of my garage time was cleanup and putting stuff away.
It is difficult to organize when there is too much stuff. I have four different styles of collets and they do not interchange. "I need something like a Maiden-Form Bra, a design that will lift and separate." He said while tittering to himself.
Meaning:
adjective: tittering, expressing or characterized by half-suppressed laughter or amusement.
Attachments
COLLETT RACK.jpg
South Bend 16"

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:24 pm

Not that long ago, I bought a Myford Super 7 at a garage sale. The lathe was $100 and it came with well over a $1000 worth of tooling.
This included included a 6846 set of collets and the collet chuck. I did a little Google search and I did not find very much information.
This may be a long shot, but, is anyone here familiar with the 6946 collet system?
Attachments
collet 7.jpg
collet 6.jpg
collet 5.jpg
collet 3.jpg
20190928_163642.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:53 pm

My Dad was a tool maker by trade and used lathe's all the time. He is currently on holiday and is not back until Thursday, i am then away for a long weekend. I will ask as soon as i see him. Luke

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:18 pm

Thanks, I appreciate this. I am thinking this collet system is British. The set came with a Myford Lathe.
I am amused by the British politics.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:31 pm

I spent 30 minutes on my lathe. I made a .250" custom length transfer punch.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:59 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:Thanks, I appreciate this. I am thinking this collet system is British. The set came with a Myford Lathe.
I am amused by the British politics.

Hmmm, im not sure i would use the word "amused". What an embarrassment we are to the world. I watched an interview the other day with an American guy who has been teaching school students what to do if a shooter comes in there school. The 2 English people then starting lecturing him on the Wrongs of America and their gun laws, He quickly came back with "sort your own government out before telling other countries how to run theirs.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:14 pm

I suppose there might be reason to be embarrassed in Britain, because your country invented the original working government system. There is probably little or no comfort in knowing your fluffy haired radical leader is much less of a XXXX than the other major fluffy haired player in the news.
I understand having an unstable neighbour. We used to have a character next door. He would appear on his back porch with an air rifle and shoot at my dog. A call to the police got his pea-shooter taken away. He went crazy and was often seen, in only his BVDs, while hanging on the chain-link fence that separated out properties. The neighbour would be yelling strange things that were not understood. On one occasion this neighbour cheated the lock on a basement door and entered our home. My wife and I were sleeping in on the Saturday morning. We were awakened by a man yelling loudly and dog barking in our basement. Our two Doberman dogs had the neighbour cornered had had torn up his pajamas and the MAX male dog drank his coffee. We called the dogs off and the neighbour threw his cup onto the floor causing it to shatter. The police warned the neighbour about trespassing and the very good chance of being charged and convicted.
I had to call his son on several occasions to get the neighbour unhooked from the top row of tied chain-link wire. As he was crossing over the fence, his BVDs became snagged. There are some things I cannot un-see. I have pictures, somewhere.
When this neighbour died from cancer, he blamed me for all of the stress I had caused him. The neighbours drew straws for who might go to the funeral. I would not have gone either way, so it was better that another neighbour went. He said it was his duty to be a witness and be sure the jerk was dead. I served beer, BBQ burgers and pizza in my shop. I had 20 guests.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:50 am

'Hmmm, im not sure i would use the word "amused".'

When it comes to politics amused and afraid are probably the only two intelligent things to be. Any Government exists for its own benefit and to the detriment of the people it rules. Here in America we like to think of ourselves as citizens and that the power of the government flows from us, but the truth is that our Republic died a long time ago and we are just as much subjects today as we were in 1775.
46 K3
52 L110
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion